Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Tranfer of site to another Hosting - help

edmax100
Trust:

Tranfer of site to another Hosting - help

HI all,

I would like to seek your help about how to transfer my site to another hosting provider. I am currently using GoDaddy hosting and the hosting is about to expire in 2 months time. I am planning to use another hosting, like hostgator but I do not know how to do this for smooth transfer of my site and not affecting google ranking.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
thel.online.ph
Trust:
Hi,

To transfer your site to another web host, here are some easy steps to that;

Transferring websites without a database to another hosting:

1. First, you have to select your new Web host and set up an account with them.

2. Use FTP to transfer your site to the new account. By typing the new IP address into your browser, you can ensure that everything is working.

3. By logging into your domain account, you need to change the nameservers over to the new web hosting company.

4. Don't forget to cancel your existing account once all the data has been updated. Check everything in place by making a small edit to your old website and if it doesn't show up, you can assured it has been transferred to the new hosts.

Transferring websites with a database to another hosting:

1. Select your new web host and set up an account with them.

2. Next, you have to perform back up of the database using FTP to transfer it to another PC.

3. FTP the entire website to your new web hosting account. Create a new database and give it the same name as the old one and restore your new website using a back up file.

4. By logging into your domain account, you need to change the nameservers over to the new web hosting company.

5. Don't forget to cancel your existing account once all the data has been updated.

Hope that helps.
edmax100
Trust:
Thanks for the info.
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

Some hosts will handle all of the transfer for you which is a great help, saving time and ensuring that everything is transferred immediately. This eliminates the downtime and keeps your rankings intact.

I have done several transfers over the past 11 years, most manually and with major headaches. The last one I had the techs do it.

I definitely suggest you get a host that provides this service!
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

This topic was started on Sep 28, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.