Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

traffic went to zero

ellatep
Trust:

traffic went to zero

What does it mean when all my traffic stats in awstats went to zero for unique visitors, visitors, pages etc. Its zero across the board but Im still ranking on page 1 for a lot of my keywords. This happened for one particular day The numbers are rising slowly but they are still down. Am I doing something wrong?
cheers
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
This might be a bug so I suggest that you use the latest Awstats version and contact their support if the problem persists.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
There could be a lot of reasons for it. how old is your site? how are your Google rankings? what kind of direct traffic are you getting? there are a ton of reasons your traffic could drop off. your site could have been sandboxed for agressive linking, or it may just be the Google dance. could also be a problem with AW stats. really don't have enough info to give you any good advice.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

ellatep
Trust:
Thanks so much, it seems to have returned to normal!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Glad to hear it got back to normal for you.

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Ella,

That's good to hear. I can't say for sure but it's possibly a bug that they've resolved.

Have good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

easyrider
Trust:
The same thing happened to me a few days ago. My traffic went down to zero on Awstats and very low on Google Analytics, while I was still ranking on Google. However, these figures have now been corrected and reflect the amount of traffic I have been receiving over the last few weeks.
Greg

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Thanks for the update. I'm very happy to hear that they have resolved the issue :)

All the best!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I had been getting decent traffic at my site for about a month (Okay... Looking back on it, it was decent for the amount of effort I was putting in), but it suddenly just dried up just before my site "aged". so I thought maybe it was just a temporary thing. A couple of months later, it still hadn't gone back up.

Over the last month, I converted it from a static to a blog site, making a consistent effort to post to it at least 3 times a week. In the last couple of weeks, I have been on a planned course of doing so many links a day. In the last few days, I've started getting 3x the traffic I was getting before, which was very SE heavy.

The key here is CONSISTENT effort. Prior to the last month, I was making maybe 5 to 10 comments on other blogs a week, not really putting much effort into it. In the last two weeks, I've been doing 2 to 4 times that a day, as well as starting to engage people on twitter, google+, and other areas. By putting in consistent work, I've driven more traffic in the last two weeks than I got in the previous 2 months combined.

I can't say how much of an impact switching from "static" to "blog" has made, but about 99% of the new traffic is a DIRECT RESULT of the CONSISTENT link building efforts, mainly through blog commenting.

Oh, and I just checked today... 3 or 4 of the sites I've started getting a lot of traffic from are OUTRANKING the visits I get from searches.

I've been following Jame's tips, for the most part, when it comes to traffic. Most of my traffic so far are people checking out my site, but as I keep pushing, I know I'm going to start finding people to buy through me... Once I get one or two more pieces into place ;)

I'm not necessarily recommending switching your site to a blog. But I am recommending taking consistent action on whatever strategy you choose for building links. It's the consistency of effort that will help in the long run.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The action is the important part. and focussing on the direct traffic rather than spamming worthless sites for SEO links. 1 article on a good site with high traffic (like guest posting on the YO Blog for example :) ) will do you more good than an article submitted to 100 article directories (and it takes a lot less work!)

ellatep
Trust:
Thanks for all your feedback!

This topic was started on Sep 10, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.