Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

traffic travis is useless!!!!

daveyace
Trust:

traffic travis is useless!!!!

traffic travis lies about how many links are pointing to sites so how can we trust anything it says
Make $10,000 with this step by step formula (Newbie Friendly) http://bit.ly/MveoYF

frankvue
Trust:
Umm, only the search engines know for sure how many backlinks you have. The tool only gets it's information from sources that have limited access to backlink data. The search engines only reveal maybe a quarter of the backlinks pointing to a site. From what I recall, most tools get their information from Yahoo! site explorer and I just recently heard it's been discontinued. I think they all get the data from Majestic SEO now.

The tool is just giving you what it has been given.
daveyace
Trust:
well i worked out that a keyword would be easy to rank for by traffic travis and this keyword had high search volume so i bought a domain and made a site around this keyword.

i noticed that traffic travis said my site had zero links to it but previously it said i had links! and also seo quake said i had links, i then decided it would be a good idea to download the new version of traffic travis as it has been about 3 weeks since i last updated.

since i updated, it says the keyword the was easy to rank for that i built my site around is now very hard to rank for!! so i have wasted time and money and hope because traffic travis was wrong!!!!
Make $10,000 with this step by step formula (Newbie Friendly) http://bit.ly/MveoYF

frankvue
Trust:
Yeah I did notice that the new version was an update to fix bugs related to not pulling up backlinks. Which might've caused Traffic Travis to give you incorrect information as it didn't have the backlinks to gauge competition. Can an admin confirm this might've been the case?
easyrider
Trust:
You have to do a bit of your own due diligence; you can't rely on Traffic Travis - it is just not robust enough. I too have got caught trying to rank for a certain term TT rated as a "4" (relatively easy), but it turns out that the competition is fierce. Still, I believe that you can rank for the most competitive search terms if you are prepared to put the work in and then wait for a year or two. Just don't build a site around only keyword. Also, there may be backdoor ways of selling the product - see what related terms the Google Keyword Tool gives you.
Greg

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Another thing is to look at the top sites. They can change too. I have seen a lot of changes in my own search rankings lately, so the top ranking sites now may have better SEO than when you initially started. There are a lot of factors in SEO and you cant blame a tool for things that change over time.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
frankvue wrote:Yeah I did notice that the new version was an update to fix bugs related to not pulling up backlinks. Which might've caused Traffic Travis to give you incorrect information as it didn't have the backlinks to gauge competition. Can an admin confirm this might've been the case?

Yes, this is correct. We'll also be releasing another fix that address the issue with ranking keywords as easy or relatively easy.

Traffic Travis also pulls its data from search engines. It will have information provided for by the search engines and none of what it chooses to withhold. Backlinks will only be indexed and counted by search engines when it starts to get raw traffic.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

kjmdirect
Trust:
I am having a ton of problems with Traffic Travis professional. I can't use the PPC feature and it turns up a no data found for keyword searches for terms like "make money online" and "weight loss". I have asked for a refund. Does anyone know of a program like traffic travis that does work?

Thanks!
PremiumMember
duraid
Trust:
Well as this is one of the main features of the software, it needs to be more accurate if people are going to rely on it, or at least come with a disclaimer to say do your own homework and don't rely on TT4. I have chosen most of my keywords based on what the results of TT tell me.

One thing I love about TT4 is that it gave me a lot more ideas for certain keywords that I hadn't even thought of before.. but the one thing I wanted was to be able to determine how easy it would be to rank for keywords..and what those easy and relatively easy definitions actually mean in terms of work..
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
@kjmdirect and duraid - Are you using Traffic Travis 3 or 4?

I recommend you contact Traffic Travis support at support@traffictravis.com with your keywords so that they could run the same check. Or you may also post them here so I can check and compare.

Thanks!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

kjmdirect
Trust:
I was using v4 professional but I just asked for a refund because it doesn't work and I upgraded because the free version wasn't working. This was my response from support:

1st issue with Free Version

"Thanks for your email. Traffic Travis version 3 was pulling its data from the old Google tool. Google have since updated their data a few months ago. We have temporarily fallen back to our in-house keyword database but we are currently working out a reliable source for keyword search counts to use with Traffic Travis version 3.

However, we are using a different keyword source on our latest paid Traffic Travis version (TTV4). You'll find that the data on TTV4 is consistent with Google.

We apologize for the lack of data on the free version. We are spending more time and effort into making this section better."

So taking their word that V4 worked better I bought ts. It also does not work...

Response from support on TTv4 issue:

"Thanks for your response and for sending us your files. I have forwarded them to our developers.

We will be releasing a new Traffic Travis version that would fix the issue. I will send you an email as soon as this is deployed. Please update to the next version if you see a yellow button on the lower left of the TTV4 screen that says, "Install the latest version". "

My issue was with the PPC tool and I have not yet received a fix. In the interim, the keyword finder now does not provide any results. ugh - I am just going to ask for a refund.

If anyone knows of a better program that would be really appreciated...

Thanks!
fastcooler
Trust:
I'm having the same issues as kjmdirect..

Till now support tried to solve this issue, but they didn't found a solution for me yet...

I can't use PPC tool and I get "No data" for competition.

So I can't use "Research" tool.

I don't know how to solve and why it doesn't work.

Kjmdirect how had you solved this issue, please?

Thanks

This topic was started on Aug 09, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.