Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Traffic to my web sites

benlauren
Trust:

Traffic to my web sites

I have written articles and am now an expert author on ezine but my traffic has slowed to a dribble and I am sick to death of writing articles on weight loss. I have made one sale so far. The funny thing is, I bought a web site on baby advice and am getting just as much traffic to that site (both are around 6 per day - not much) but I have never done a thing to this site. I haven't bothered with the "newsletter grab" and don't think I will as weight loss just doesn't inspire me and there's only so much you can say, so will look for a better niche. Opinions on why new site is getting just as much traffic would be appreciated. Sites are www.thinfoodfast.com and www.newbabycareadvice.com. Cheers. Lynda.
bluesu
Trust:
Hi there Lynda. I have also created my own site and am not getting as many visits as I would like but more than you are. I have taken a look at both your sites and the only things that I could suggest is that 'Baby Care' is an extremely popular search term and 'Thin Food Fast' probably isn't, therefore the baby one would naturally get more traffic. Also the layout of the baby site is more 'professional', it looks like there is 'expert' information' to be found there The writing is smaller too which I think helps, the writing on your other site is a bit big.
Hope this helps
Sue
bluesu
Trust:
Hi Lynda, Sue here again. I just re-read my answer to you and realise that if people aren't actually getting to your web-site then it won't be the appearance that puts them off! SEO onpage and off is extremely important. But I'm sure you know that. I got an article submitter which puts out hundreds of my articles in one go (well, supposedly!), backlinking seems to be the thing now, but it's hard to compete. Having the right keywords entered in you 'page description' can help alot. I actually ran an adwords campaign and it ded sent lots more people to my site but only converted to one extra sale, so the problem could have been with my site design and content.
Any way good luck, hope things are picking up
Sue
benlauren
Trust:
Thanks for your input Sue. Yes, the other site is much more professional and I think weight loss is just too competitive for a newbie. It was my first site doing the course and I learnt a lot. I think I will move on to a better and more interesting niche. thanks again.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
there is nos such thing as a niche being too competetive just using the wrong keyword.s I am building a weightloss site myself, and I already have a list of over 100 keywords that are not competetive.

start trying for different keywords.

also, anyone can be an expert article on eza, that means absolutely nothing, especailly since 90% of the "experts" post nothing but junk.

Get away from Eza. very few of the thousands of writers there actually do any good. there are hundreds of sites to post articles. yes you will have to write a lot, but invest in a spinner, and build more links than just one article directory.

also, if you know your topic and want abreak from articles, start reading blogs and leave short comments linking to your site. they dont even have to be weight loss blogs. you can link to any site through a blog comment, just make sure your comments are relevant to the blog and not just a one liner to get a link. otherwise you will be marked as a spammer.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

zososniper
Trust:
One of best source for traffic is posting in niche related forums. In your case, you need to go on a search for "weight loss" related forums, set up a good signature with anchor text to your website and just start reading and posting. If readers see you are knowledgeable in your niche and providing good advice, the odds are good they will click the link in your signature.

The trick is you want to spend your time on "targeted" traffic. Going to weight loss forums is a bullseye for "targeted" traffic.

One helpful way I've found to find forums in your niche is using Google Alerts. Set up a Google Alert for each of your weight loss keywords separately. Instead of having the alert go to your email, send it to your RSS "Feed". These Feeds will start to show up in your Google Reader. But make sure you set up the Alert as a "Discussion".

When you check your Google Reader, all of the "Discussion" Feeds it sends you about your keyword will be Forums where you keyword or a related keyword was mentioned.

Go to the forum, check the rules regarding signatures, sign up, set your signature and start posting.

Now, I'm not trying to market my SIMS site but if you go to my IM Solutions site down in my signature, I just posted an article and video showing you how to do what I described above. I have had fantastic results using this method of finding forums for targeted traffic and it has generated traffic and I believe sales for some of my sites. Go give it a whirl and see what you think.
My Online Business Strategy...For those who no longer want to work for someone else.......

Strategic Internet Marketing Solutions. Your hub for the best IM Solutions and Strategies

http://strategicinternetmarketingsolutions.net

abeja_reina_1989
Trust:
Sometimes one niche is just more popular than another. I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Try using social networks like Facebook to promote your site and that will help a lot. I can get 70 plus views instantly whenever I post a link! :)
eco
Trust:
Keeping site content fresh is key for traffic and I am creating a niche website but am having trouble finding a program which will automatically search the web for me for my specified keywords and send only that content directly to my site for automatic updates to my site's content. Hiring a niche designer isn't possible because they won't agree to not resell cookie cutter versions of my site. Are there any good affordable programs out there which can accomplish this?
esolutions
Trust:
Hi Eco,

Don't even waste your time trying to scrape content as Google has been working hard to make sure that it never ranks.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

eco
Trust:
This is actually a micro-niche so i could never scrape enough content. I will be including articles most likely from those I hire to write them, etc. I just need a keyword program to get what little shows up out there.
marruma
Trust:
Guys has anyone tried http://www.articlemarketingautomation.com/ ? It's a community where you submit articles and receive content articles about your niche all in one place. It costs money but submits articles regularly and has a mechanism that speeds up and slows down so that your articles are published "organically". Spinning you have to do on your own of course but it has a rewrite feature that makes it a bit more organized. I've been using it for almost three months and I have a few of my keywords on the first page. The good thing about it is that all you need to do is write your articles, spin them and submit. And your general content is there for your choosing too.
Personally, however, I would really like a solution that works just as well but costs less. Because if I make it to the top at the end of this month (or not) and still not get any sales to cover the expenses then I really don't know if this a sustainable product to be using. Any suggestions?

This topic was started on Aug 15, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.