Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Traffic/Conversions

ddenby
Trust:

Traffic/Conversions

I need an expert to take a look at my website.

The website was launched around April 1 '09. I sell an eBook that I produced, You on Cyberdate, and also sell other relevant eBooks found on Clickbank. I have optimized the pages and written 13 articles which I submitted to various article portals. I also made a video and posted it on TubeMogul. I am developing a database with 2 opt-in boxes on my website. One opt-in is on my home page and offers free tips that are sent out daily for 5 days. The other opt-in is on my contact us page and is a sign-up for our newsletter. I offer two bonus gifts for purchasing my eBook. I also have a dating site review since my niche is people interested in "online dating".

Currently I am listed on page 2 of Google under the search term, Internet Dating Guide. I have had 8,000 visitors to my site in the past 4 months. I have 55 backlinks to my site.
Last edited by ddenby on 16 Sep 09 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
graceharman
Trust:
My 2 cents is that there are some fundamental problems with your page layout, although it could also be that people looking for ‘internet dating guide’ or ‘online dating guide’ are looking for free information and not necessarily looking to buy.

1. At present, it looks like your main goal is to sign visitors up to your newsletter, seeing the signup box is taking up the premium spot. If you want visitors to buy instead, you need to move this down to the bottom of the page and replace with you information about the eBook and a big bold link to buy.

2. Although the banner style ad for the eBook is nicely designed, people have to scroll down to learn about it and to buy. You should definitely change this to be formatted as the entire top half of the page. Make sure a link is above the fold and then another link at the end of the ad.

3. Your product reviews: When displaying multiple product reviews on one page, we don't recommend the "comparison" style reviews, or rating products from "best" to "not quite the best". These types of review pages result in many sales of the top products, but not so many sales of the lower-rated products. This limits your opportunity for making sales, and doesn't do much for building great relationships with the lower-rated merchants!

A better idea is to offer a "best product" for different situations. It doesn't matter if the products are all pretty similar. You can also do a "best overall guide" type product, which you can recommend above all the others.

These are the three most important things to fix in your web design, but there are a couple of other things that could be improved.

• A link to ‘free articles’ is not very appealing. It would be a better idea to have these listed in a left-hand menu so people can easily go through to the article on the topic that most interests them. Is there any reason why your articles are on Squidoo rather than your website? I think it would be very wise to add more content to your website so it looks higher quality to Google if nothing else. Although you are ranking well now, you never know what might happen in the future.

• Why do people have to click the picture to view the articles? This is counter-intuitive. Don’t force people to think! This is a very important rule of good web design.

All the best,
Grace
ddenby
Trust:
Wow, you exceeded my expectations! Thank you so much for your advice, I plan to make every change you suggested. I appreciate your detail and respect your observations.

Please check back in a week or so and you will see a dramatic change as a result of your input.

Warm Regards,

Dawn
wollowra
Trust:
What Grace said is spot on.
But to add to this...

1. You have a nice quirky little thelovefish logo at the bottom of the page.
Incorporate this into the header banner.

2. I really think you need a header banner instead of the text just floating there.
just my opinion...

3. You need to optimize the page so the important things like...
email capture or affiliate links are above the fold.
When I arrive at your page... I see no reason to scroll down... or take a look further.
Have what you want them to see, Right there in front of them as soon as they see the front page.

4. Get more content on your site, like Grace said.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

ddenby
Trust:
Thanks Troy, like these suggestions too.

Question...for either of you....

I am putting (10) articles on my website this weekend. 1) Should the links to the articles be on my home page (left hand side) & 2) Should each article have it's own page?
ddenby
Trust:
By the way, I am listed on page 2 of google when using the search term 'online dating book' (2nd from top), my original email was not accurate. When using the search term, 'internet dating guide', I am on page 2 (6 down from top)
wollowra
Trust:
ddenby wrote:Thanks Troy, like these suggestions too.

Question...for either of you....

I am putting (10) articles on my website this weekend. 1) Should the links to the articles be on my home page (left hand side) & 2) Should each article have it's own page?

Yes, links on the left.
and each article should have its own page.
This is outlined in the blueprint, do you have it?

regards
troy

-- Robert Brault

ddenby
Trust:
No, where can I get it?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi DD,

http://www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint?aff=wollowra

Just click on the link above.

( and please don't jump on me guys..lol that's the first affiliate link I have ever advertised here in 350 posts) he he. :)

-- Robert Brault

jpastorizo
Trust:
LOL Troy! You should have tried to make it subtle by using an anchor text. LOL!
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

wollowra
Trust:
nah, I am not into blackhat stuff... LOL ( That's a joke for any new guys )

-- Robert Brault

jpastorizo
Trust:
Same here brother...That's why it takes us longer to make money! Which makes me wonder...why does that happen to good guys? LOL

wollowra
Trust:
Because the Good guys have integrity and values..lol

T

-- Robert Brault

jpastorizo
Trust:
That's true and eventually makes the money. =)

This topic was started on Aug 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.