Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

TRACKING SCRIPT

PremiumMember
watchman13
Trust:

TRACKING SCRIPT

Hello to everyone,
I would like to know is there a tracking script or cloaked tracking to see how many
come to your site and where, what pages etc.

Thanks
T. Nathan
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Hey Nathan -

do you have access to 'AWstats' within your hosting package? You'll find it in your control panel (cpanel) That'll tell you a good bit about your traffic. I use that and a link cloaker called Adtrackz -

Another alternative is Google Analytics? http://www.google.com/analytics/ you just have to add a snippet of code to your site.

Heidi
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I prefer Google analytics, it is free to use, and it gives a lot more detail than AW stats. AW stats does not track things like bounce rate and time on each page, how many pages each vistor views etc...

Also, with google analytics you can set it up to ignore your IP adress, so that you are not throwing off your stats when you work on your site. You cannot do that with AW stats.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
watchman13
Trust:
Thank you James and Heidi for your suggestions. I appreciate sound advice.

thank again
t. Nathan

This topic was started on Dec 08, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.