Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Too much information for me to comprehend - Where do I start

tonyspeaks
Trust:

Too much information for me to comprehend - Where do I start

Hello. I've been going through all these various video lessons, reading notes, etc., and I still don't have a clue what I'm doing. The information is very abstract, and there's simply too much of it for me to follow. I don't have any kind of business sense at all, so I don't really know how to figure out what to sell and how to go about selling it in the face of competition from all sides. Every time I try to research something to promote, I end up very overwhelmed with multitudinous pages of people who have already had the same ideas with whom I would have to compete, which I just don't know how to do. I honestly don't feel that I've learned anything that I can realistically apply to myself in attempting to earn a living online. I feel like I have more questions than useful knowledge.

1. what do I sell, and how do I figure that out besides looking up what pays the highest commissions?
2. If I ever figure that out, how do I come up with an approach that hasn't been done to death in order to actually stand out enough to make a sale?
3. How do I get a peace of the pie in any market when abouta billion others are already doing it other than writing a bunch of articles and having to worry about constantly keeping the contents of a site fresh? One can only write so much about something, and I'm not one who enjoys writing all that much when I don't have anything original to put out there. I can't afford to pay the "dirt cheap" prices to have someone else write an article for me.

I want to earn a living online because job hunting as a blind person is completely pointless and fruitless in any traditional area. No one wants to hire me, so I have to try to come up with some way of earning money without having to worry about abasing myself to some prejudiced employers for minimum wage. Unfortunately, I don't have the talent to run a business, yet it's the only apparently viable way to even begin to entertain the thought of making a living.

I probably sound pretty clueless. I'm not concerned that the work is difficult, but it looks impossible to me. I don't have any real creativity, and often no common sense, let alone any kind of business sense. I've been stuck in my mind at what in the world to promote for far too long now, let alone ideas on how to promote it, what kind of landing page, etc. I don't want to make the mistake I made with glad2bhome.com.

thanks for reading.
Tony Hernandez [url=http://www.glad2bhome.com:2qe2dup5]Glad2BHome[/url:2qe2dup5]

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
tonyspeaks wrote:1. what do I sell, and how do I figure that out besides looking up what pays the highest commissions?
2. If I ever figure that out, how do I come up with an approach that hasn't been done to death in order to actually stand out enough to make a sale?
3. How do I get a peace of the pie in any market when abouta billion others are already doing it other than writing a bunch of articles and having to worry about constantly keeping the contents of a site fresh? One can only write so much about something, and I'm not one who enjoys writing all that much when I don't have anything original to put out there. I can't afford to pay the "dirt cheap" prices to have someone else write an article for me.

Tony you ask great questions! However I feel they bare a sense of disparity. An attempt at affiliate marketing does not have to be a futile one just because other people are promoting the same product. The fact there is a lot of competition is a good thing. It means you will make money. (If you do things correctly.)

The video lessons are meant as a strong backbone to the core of affiliate marketing and are in no particular order because not everyone wants to do pay-per-click or article writing etc.... You must decide what fits into your want of approach and then go from there. Utilize the videos and ask questions to support that here in the forum.

Finding a product to promote simply by the commission price is not the way to go about things. The research behind doing a website is crucial to the success of it. You must look at things such as the number of keywords searched for that niche, the amount they are searched, and then take into consideration the number of click throughs you may receive to your merchant and then calculate a return on investment. It doesn't matter if you make $1000 per sale or $10 per sale.... if you earn a return on investment you are doing well.

In order to properly have visitors want to go through to the merchants page you must set yourself up a unique feel and review style page. These work best because they are tried, tested, and true. It really doesn't matter if other people are doing the same thing because it works. It would be the same to say as "Well I don't want to be the same as everyone else so I am going to go out and buy a car that has 5 wheels." We do these things because they have been tested to work properly. If you want to stick out the crowd, offer your visitors a free report, ebook, audio files, or sample product in exchange for a signup to your form.

I hope this puts things in a clearer light.
rudolf
Trust:
Perhaps Affilorama needs some "training course" so that people new to affiliate marketing can practise and see what fits them best.

Imagine this; when you go out to buy clothing, you don't just dive into a store and buy clothes. So basically we need some simple decision making;

- What ways are there to make money
- What are their advantages and disadvantages

Imagine putting it all in a chart, similar to a review page. Each way can make you money, but not everyone likes blogging, not everyone has a big budget, but maybe you like collecting photos, or reviewing things.

Wouldn't it be great to have it all summed up, with each different way to make money its own unique advantages and disadvantages, so that anyone can say; "hey, that sounds like something that fits me".

And then, you should be able to watch a video about that specific way about making money, explaining it in further detail, and what its all about. And then, you can start selecting the lessons that you need in order to make things happen.

Does this sound like an idea to anyone?

I'd love to hear Mark's view on this.

Regards, Rudolf
This account is managed by two persons; Maarten and Rudolf. You may find either of us posting individually with this account.

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Tony,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're finding everything confusing and overwhelming. This is a really great post because I think you've voiced something that a lot of people experience at one stage or another, and I'm sure you're going to get a lot more encouraging responses here simply because so many people will have gone through the same thing.

I think you've got a bit of analysis paralysis going on. You've done a really good thing with your glad2behome.com site, in that you've actually gone out and created something. So many people spend so much time analyzing stuff that they get completely overwhelmed and never create anything. Even though you think this site is a bit of a failure (which it isn't, you can certainly turn it around) you've learned that you need to research your market a bit more before you dive in.

The other side of the coin is that you can't spend too much time looking for the "perfect market", because it's unlikely you'll find one. Perhaps at this stage it's better to go for a market that you know to be profitable (there are lots of examples in Affilorama.com, and we also give you ideas in the monthly update magazines) and see how you go. I know it seems to you like all the best ideas are taken, that they've been done to death by a million affiliates before you, but this is a bit of any illusion. You might remember me saying that the majority of affiliates out there are B-students at best, and lazy B-students at that. If you can become an A-student and do everything diligently, you'll be able to beat most of these guys.

So to answer your questions:

1. Finding good markets: Once you've been doing this for a while, this will become second nature to you. Until then, look at what other people are doing, and think about how you could do it too. Like I said before, look at examples you see in Affilorama, and read the suggestions in the Update magazines. (The next one will be coming out in a few days.) Look at competition as your friend: If other people are doing well in a market, then you can too. It saves you a bit of time in figuring out whether a market will be profitable. If you don't see much competition you'll have to do a lot more research to figure out if it can be profitable for you.

2. How do you come up with an approach that hasn't been done to death? As Adrian says, there's a reason why some approaches are done to death. It's usually because they're the successful methods. Unless you're in the "make money online" market, you don't always need to do anything amazingly creative to convince people to click on your affiliate link. The biggest part of the battle is getting people to visit your site. If they're in the right frame of mind when they visit your site, and if you're able to get them curious enough to click your affiliate links, that's enough. Having said that, in this month's update I've done an interview with Ewen Chia who is really famous for his success as an affiliate in the make money online market. This is pretty much the toughest market there is, and he gives some really good tips for getting people to buy through your link. Even if you're not going into the make money online market (and I recommend that you don't), these tips will help you. At the very least, they'll get you thinking.

3. How do you get a piece of the pie, other than writing a whole bunch of articles? We've got a whole section in Affilorama on creative marketing techniques. Also there are a whole bunch of interviews with gurus who give you some ideas. I recommend the article method because it's a pretty easy way to start with, and it's a method that I use for a large number of my affiliate sites. Getting articles isn't too difficult... go down to your local library and find books on your subject. Look at the subject headers. If you don't fancy visiting your library... go to Amazon.com, search for your subject, and then use the "look inside" feature to suss out the subject headers there. Use these as ideas for articles. Search for these topics on the internet, see what information you find. Collect it, summarize it, paraphrase it, see how you can bend it to match your keywords for your subject. Take a look at other articles out there and see if you can identify a standard structure for an article, and then make it a game to see how you can wrap your material around this structure.

Failing that, it might be worthwhile investing in a private label rights membership. I know you say you don't have the money to invest in getting articles written, but if you consider that getting content for your site is your biggest obstacle, then a $100 (or so) investment is going to be worth every penny just to get you past this hurdle. Even if you just sign up for one month, you'll get hundreds of articles which you can then use in any way you like. These memberships are also good for getting ideas for topics, since often they will be providing articles on topics they deem to be potentially good markets. I would recommend this method over getting "dirt cheap" articles written for you, since you'll get more material, more ideas, and the articles should be of better quality than a "dirt cheap" article from someone who doesn't have English as a first language ;) As you probably expect, I'd recommend PLRPro if you're going to go this way. They're really good guys with a great product and they'll help you out.

Finally, you say that you lack creativity and common sense... there's not much I can recommend to remedy that, aside from having a bit more faith in yourself. There are a hell of a lot of successful people out there who don't possess these qualities either, but what they lack in natural talent they make up for in sheer stubbornness and refusal to quit. Also remember that you've got all these really helpful people here in this forum to poke you in the right direction, you just need to get going.

I really hope that helps,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
P.S. Rudolph: I will be creating some additional roadmaps once I get settled down in the UK. I think these will be similar to what you're talking about, sort of showing different ways of going about things, and classified according to difficulty. More of a flow-chart than a review-list, but a similar idea :)

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

tonyspeaks
Trust:
HI Mark and all. Thanks for all the replies. I will keep watching this topic. Mark, that was especially helpful, thank you very much.
Tony Hernandez Glad2BHome

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey Tony, I think your biggest problem is your lack of faith in yourself. You said some pretty negative things in that post and when it comes to business, saying things like that means you'll just shoot yourself in the foot.

When you start to take on the belief that you can do anything, things start changing for the better. I don't want to sound like some self help guru, but it's true.

You may not have any business sense or creativity, but I didn't when I started either, but gradually my brain began to change. I studied engineering for a few years, my brain was so analytical and uncreative it wasn't funny, but that's stopped now :)

Once you begin to put your head in the right place, things will start to come good. Go watch the mindset videos and you'll see what I mean.

Goodluck.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world