Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Too late for this year?

PremiumMember
agoodrich
Trust:

Too late for this year?

I just joined Affilorama - and I already owned a few domains that I didn't know what do do with. With Christmas coming up, do you think it's too late for me to do some sort of coupon site for www.afterchristmasbargins.com which I own or some of my other 'postxmass' domains? I think I might be too late for this season, but I would assume getting something setup this week might help me for next year. My goal was to try and get some of the traffic from folks looking for after Christmas sale items. Thoughts?
digiblue
Trust:
You could in theory do this but it really depends how quickly you can get it set up and what traffic source you are using. If you use paid traffic and you set up your Website and landing pages quickly you could do this. But if you are going down the SEO route to get traffic, it would not be worth your time and you will not get rankings quick enough to get any sales this Christmas period or just after.

Alex
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
True. I anything for christmas this year is probably already going strong. but it is a good idea to get ready for next year.

I am already working on valentines day for my relationships sites.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
agoodrich
Trust:
Thanks guys, I will get ready for next year and not worry about this year. Though I will get something up to build up some history for the site which with what I have read should help for next year. Here's to a profitable 2011.
aditd
Trust:
Your question sounds like: with only 3 minutes left should I place the winning bet?
You can make sales with a site in a couple of hours. And if not the christmas ... there are a lot of other days to make money with.
Remember: these days people need a bargain ( due to financial situation ).
http://www.couponsitescript.com - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

http://www.codecoupondiscount.com - Coupon Site Script in Action

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
I agree with aditd. People are always on the lookout for bargains all year round so you might want to build a "bargain" site and dress it up for each occasion/season. The holidays is not yet over and Valentine's Day is coming up soon. I think it would also help to have some sore of subscriber list to your site too. This can bring in extra traffic when you're having a "Valentine's Day" sale or something like that. :)

Hope that helps. Happy New Year!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Dec 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.