Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

To Revimp, Congrats on your first site!

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:

To Revimp, Congrats on your first site!

Hey Revimp,

Congrats on getting your first site up and making your first sale... that's great!

I saw your post in Moonman's thread and didn't want to hijack his so I started this one, hope you don't mind.

I know first hand how frustrating it is trying to figure out how to makes things work so I just wanted to give you some feedback :D I'm sure Mark will be along with some great advice but in the meantime, I'll give you my perspective from a vistor's point of view...

revimp wrote:I am very happy for anyone who is doing well, but I am frustrated also. I have been doing this for a while and I have only made 1 sale of affilorama.I think I have a good site,I have a good page i think about affilorama and other affiliates.Can you share some of what you are doing so I can get an idea of what i am not doing right?

So I took a quick look at your site and you've done a nice job, keep it up! What I noticed immediately were some things on your pop up...

First a misspelling, search engion expet and "seo elite" should be capitalized, Seo Elite

I would reformat the form in an html editor to get a more balanced look. It's kind of hard on the eyes. If you need any help with that, feel free to PM me and I’ll give you a hand.

Next, you have a list of the chapter headings of the book you're giving away. Rather than including the chapter details, benefits of the chapters might work better. People don't care about facts, they want to know "what's in it for me", in other words, how they'll benefit from your "widget". Just to throw some ideas out there, I might say:

These are some of the profit pulling traffic secrets you'll that you'll learn...

* How changing one single thing on your website can open the floodgates of traffic by boosting your rankings by 350 positions!

* A Guaranteed way to get your website listed in Google in less than 24 hours!

* How to leave your competition in the dust by grabbing the top spot in Google's search results!

* And many more simple, fool-proof and most importantly PROVEN SEO strategies!

I didn't have a whole lot of time to spend on your actual site but I think you're off to a roaring good start :D I think you'll be making money in no time, just keep polishing it up and adding value to your visitor's experience and like Seano6 (in Moonman's thread) said take a look at your traffic, and you'll be golden :D

HTHs just a bit,
PC
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thank you very much.I really appreciate the extra feedback.Sometimes you can't see the forest forthe trees.you know.I will try the ideas on the popup as you mentioned. I do not know html,but I can defintely make it easier on the eyes without html .Thanks again.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
One thing I noticed when I went to the page was that there are so many things to click on. Adsense ads, links to the right, links to the left. To me, I think it feels a bit cluttered or something.

I only read in full your review of Affilorama, but I reckon it's on the money. I dont see why it shouldn't be converting well. And 1 sale from 35 uniques, it is converting well!

Have you considered using article marketing, forums and SEO to get some traffic? These things can take time, but if you do it all yourself, its 100% free.

Let us know if you need anymore ideas.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
Thanks for your input. I am not sure how to change that without doing away with everything that may make money. the adsense is a must, no? the nav bar is certainly a must, the advertiser boxes upper left are an experiment at this pont to see if I can get some click thrus to the cj affiliates.I could certainly push those to the bottom of the panel or eliminate them,but what about "above the fold"? Plus the page is only so wide no matter what you do.What do you think I should eliminate?
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
ok,see if this is better.
I moved the banner ads in the left panel to below the adsense. I eliminated the "links" text box as the links are on the respective pages anyway.
I eliminated the banner adsense at the top of the page.
I re-wrote the main page to a center-justified.salestype page.
what do you think?anyone?
thanks again.
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Your design is getting better, the headline is great center justified but I think that the paragraphs are easier on the eyes when they are aligned to the left IMO

PC
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thats looking a lot better.

I like how the Fastserver ad is below the adsense ads. I think when they are at the top it looks a bit crappy (For lack of a better word :) )

Let us know how it goes once you get a few more people visiting the site.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world