Christmas AJPSignup to View
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

The Top Reason Newbies Fail At Internet Marketing

trading
Trust:

The Top Reason Newbies Fail At Internet Marketing

One of the largest reasons why people fail to make any cash online is because they run around in circles chasing the newest shiny object instead of focusing on just 1 or 2 things and then becoming really good at them.

There are countless ways to make cash over the internet, like running a blog, SEO, email marketing, article marketing etc and they all work. But they all take effort. Too many newcomers might go and write 2-3 articles, submit them to a couple directories, make no sales and then go around complaining that internet marketing doesn't work.

The key is to decide on 1 field of Internet marketing that interests you the most and then get good at it as the more you like something, the much more likely you are to study more and attain mastery over that topic.

This is what worked for myself. What do you guys think?
Free: How to make $100-$1000 in the next 24 hours...
http://www.goldengrailmarketing.com/24hour/

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
That is a very good point. Yes, once the focus gets shifted to something else the hold on the previous program slips down. It is happening with me even now say after 6 years of Internet experience. It is very difficult to get past the distractions!
galen
Trust:
I agree with you here. Personally I have found this to be true. I never made any real money until I picked 1 thing and became fully committed to it to make it work. I lost money jumping around because you think something is going to magically work if you try something different.

Find what has worked for other people and fully commit to making it work yourself. Nothing is going to be easy, you get what you put out.
tankctrlr
Trust:
I absolutely agree!

One of my mentors awhile back always taught to get that one project finished and making money and maxed out as far as it can go, BEFORE moving on to another project. (John Reese)

It's more profitable to be a MASTER at ONE thing
than
OK at MANY things.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

downtherabbithole075
Trust:
Doesn't he say put up more than one site after your first one is set up? I would rather focus on one.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
This is so true. Most new marketers tend to jump from one course to another, or incorporating so many different methods all at once. Mark has said in more than one occasion (or video/webinar) that you need to see the course through. Complete the course and make sure you follow it. This way you are able to see your progress, where you currently stand in your efforts and how much more you need to accomplish.

Apart from sticking to just one course, it's also good to read up on current SEO practices and link building methods. The course you may be doing right now provides such lessons, but knowing about other methods won't hurt.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

tonyguitar
Trust:
It is really about the mindset. For example, some affiloblueprint students never complete Step 6 and even touch Step 7 then they give up and claim it's not working. If you really want to see if a course is working, try everything the course teaches and do it for period of time. Then you can really see if it works for you.
endy daniyanto
Trust:
cecille.l wrote:Apart from sticking to just one course, it's also good to read up on current SEO practices and link building methods.

This is probably the most important add on to the course, since SEO changes very rapidly on a monthly even weekly basis.

That's why I prefer to invest in courses that have a support group or community, whether in the form of a mailing list, Facebook group, Google+ community, or private forum like Affilorama.

This way, if there are any changes that happen, I can contact my peers and mentors and get immediate feedback on the best next course of action.

What do you guys think is a recommended resource for staying up to date with SEO that isn't only based on theory (because you know there are a lot of people who talk based on opinion and not on actual empirical data).

Cheers,
Songwriter. Affiliate marketer. Casual gamer.

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
What do you guys think is a recommended resource for staying up to date with SEO that isn't only based on theory (because you know there are a lot of people who talk based on opinion and not on actual empirical data).

>>> I always make it a point to read through SEOMoz's WhiteBoard Friday. They present their theories well, and most of the time, back it up with data. I am also an avid reader of the online marketing blog KaiserThe Sage. It's an excellent source of link building case studies.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Oct 31, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.