Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

The Plan vs Affilorama 90 Day - constructive comparison only

spirit23
Trust:

The Plan vs Affilorama 90 Day - constructive comparison only

Hey guys!

I was afraid that bringing this topic up may offend some affilorama members, but after much thought, and knowing that many of you know me already, and how much I love affiliorama ;) - it shouldn't be much of a big deal...

Basically, I'm sure some of you already know about Charles Heflin's 'The Plan' and 'Master Plan' that was mentioned in one of the SEO optimisation videos...about LSI etc etc...

I have only had a look at 'The Plan' (it being free), and I find that they are both quite similar, except for one big difference to the priniciple of Mark's Affilorama 90 day plan (or general plan)...

This being, 'The Plan' recommends that you only need 1 page to get your site indexed, and then you need to create a new site every week, but also add 1 new article to each site every successive week as well... (adding SEO to the sites as you go along)...

So all in all, there is a cumulation of articles over many websites over a longer period of time...

Whereas, Mark's principle, is that you should stick to one site, and make it as big as possible first, then once you are earning money on that, move on to a new site...

Has anyone tried Charles plan? And compared it to Mark's? I'm still sticking to Mark's 90 day plan- but I just wanted constructive comparison between these two techniques if anyone has tried 'The Plan' already?

Thanks guys! Mark if you could shed some light on Charles's Plan, its benefits and disadvantages too, that would be great :)

A 'fusion' of the two could be a thought? :roll: or not... :lol:

Asanka.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Marks 90 day plan is just an example of how to go about things. I don't think it's meant to be the plan to end all plans.

Charles plan also sounds good, although one thing I can think of that would be a problem is link building. If you're building a new site every week, how are you supposed to rank for all of these? I guess it also depends on how competitive the industry is. If you have 10 sites with 80M competitors each, it's gonna take a while before you can build enough links for each of those to rank well.

Whereas if you concentrate on one site, you can put 100% of your effort into it, then once it begins making money for you, you can use that money to help fund your next site. And so forth...
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
A heat of discussion on this one! Here are my thoughts.....

First, the 90-day plan is by no means the only way to start a business. It is simply one method that works. However, I feel it works a LOT better than Charle's plan simply because someone just starting out in this business is confused. And being confused it is going to be a LOT harder for them to do 4 sites a month or whatever it is, let alone 1 website.

Charle's plan also doesn't put any real importance on links.... which is flawed.... I want to see a site rank #1 for anti virus without a single link pointing to it....

With that said, there is valuable information in there, especially regarding the structuring of your website. Follow that very closely.

Adrian,
Last edited by chatyak86 on 24 Jan 07 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaydebaca
Trust:
Asanka,

Sean hit it. If you had the time, energy and money you can splatter tons of web pages out there and I think statistically some will start ranking.

The 90 day plan hones in on a proven strategy. However, I am learning that with the internet evolving everyday, many things that used to work yesterday, has evolved to something new today. Hence a combination of two plans might work.

From what I am learning here, is... stick to the basic plan, when it works, simply recreate success while continually polishing up the edges.

With that said, it is nice to read everyones chat here in this forum.

More snow on the way to Denver! Got my avatar up- thats really me! Today I am spending a lot of time reading posts, catching up and education time!
Jay in the Mile Hi City!
jaydebaca
Trust:
We were writing at the same time! Do we have more snow? Thanks for your comments! Jay
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
jaydebaca wrote:We were writing at the same time! Do we have more snow? Thanks for your comments! Jay

Do you snowboard I see..... ever been to Vail? I loved that trip....

Adrian,
jaydebaca
Trust:
Yes... Our favorite mountain is Breckenridge. Vail is a bit too touristy for us, and our closest mountain is only 30 minutes away... Loveland! Its a local mountain, but once in awhile we will see a winded Texan or Californian gasping for air like a fish out of water. We love watching that for a bit... then we buy them a beer! Next time you get down here to the Rocky Mountains, we will have to go up! Your Whistler is a nice mountain too! :D
lunatunes
Trust:
adrian wrote:I feel it works a LOT better than Charle's plan simply because someone just starting out in this business is confused. And being confused it is going to be a LOT harder for them to do 4 sites a month or whatever it is, let alone 1 website.
Adrian,

Thats kinda what I thought when I read the Plan. Building a bunch of websites may be fine for someone who has done it before. But I thought
that it didn't make sense for me to build a bunch of sites when I was learning how to build just one. I'm concentrating on one big site right now
and I know that once it is built I will have the ability to build more and build
them much quicker then it's taking me to build this first one( which seems
like forever..lol )

Randy
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Very good question!

Like the others have said, the 90 day roadmap is just ONE way of doing things. When creating and teaching this plan, I had several goals:

1) Give the affiliate an overview of the entire process, from start to finish.
2) Have the affiliate seeing results quickly so that he/she doesn't get discouraged.
3) Hopefully have the affiliate earning money by the end of 90 days.
4) And obviously, do it all in 90 days.

Charles's plan is good and solid and not too different from this plan. The difference being that he advocates building many sites and taking longer to get them to "reasonably finished" state. The benefit of doing this is that firstly you get a whole lot of sites aging early, which helps. You're also forcing yourself not to be obsessive over one site, and you're seeing very rapidly how different things work in different markets. You're turning it into a production line, and this has the potential to be very efficient.

One difference between The Plan and the Roadmap is that The Plan is pretty much directed solely at earning Adsense revenue. If you're promoting affiliate products you might want to spend a little more time interacting with your visitors -- which includes building a mailing list, having an engaging blog, creating a forum, things like that. All those things take a little more time. Personally I wouldn't suggest building 48 sites per year if you're doing organic SEO AND promoting affiliate products. 10 sites per year might be more reasonable. If you're using PPC to get traffic you don't need to invest so much time on your SEO, and if you're only using Adsense then your site can be comparitively static, so both of these things will give you more time to create more sites.

Another thing you have to consider is how long can you wait without seeing significant results before you lose enthusiasm? I created the 90 day roadmap to start getting results as quickly as possible, so affiliates don't get discouraged. Once you've seen that it can actually be done, you can give yourself a longer timeline and create more sites at once. But when you're first starting, I think it's important to make it all happen fast. Of course there's nothing saying that you can't be creating multiple sites over 90 days, if you have time ;)

So my advice is to take elements of both plans and put them together in a way that pleases you. Charles offers some really valuable advice -- if you haven't already got it, visit http://www.seo2020.com and get The Plan. By all means, if you think you're able, make multiple sites at once. But don't spread yourself so thin that you lose focus.

And remember, there are no hard and fast rules. Do things at your own speed. Make sure you're enjoying what you're doing. If there's no love in your work, you won't stick at it for very long. Money is only a motivator for a while -- there's got to be fulfillment too. Don't forget.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

spirit23
Trust:
Thanks alot for the replies everyone!

I'm still gonna stick with Mark's Roadmap afterall, and get my first site on the way... still making articles and blogs... I WISH I COULD SPEND MORE TIME ON IT!!! Just that my life is busy with so much other stuff... :?

But the sites lookin' great so far! Got a good PR rank already, with only 1 outgoing link, 25 articles and a 10 article blog.... it's good seeing results :D

Thanks again for this invaluable resource Mark!

Hope to see ya and the others in London sometime !!

Asanka.
superaff
Trust:
It is an excellent question.

I stumbled upon the plan at the early beginning, and I must say that Charles did a very good job.

I learned a lot of My SEO with only 2 person: Charles and Brad Callen. Likw Mark said, it's beter to start with one site.

Once you are done and understand the whole process, you can build more sites and move on.

It's an excellent advice Mark: 10 or 12 sites (once a month) is better for me than 48 for now.

Maybe next year!

Charles is cool, he gives you one month for holidays in the PLAN.

I was just about to read Charles last email: The master plan course. He promised the ecourse to be WOW!

I don't own the master plan, I stick to the roadmap, using blogs and adding a page to my 40 pages sites every week like outlined in the plan.

I also like LSI and silo thing. I think it's the future for SEO.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html