Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

The New "Trusted Site Tool"

PremiumMember
strongfarmer
Trust:

The New "Trusted Site Tool"

I'm really excited about the new "Trusted Site Tool" for premium members.

Someone suggested you should only have max 3 .edu or .gov links to your site. If you have more, Google can penalize your site! I don't know if it is true, but I don't believe, otherwise you could destroy your competing sites by building a lot of those links to them in short period of time!

What is your idea?
Last edited by faradina on 25 Nov 09 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typographical errors and punctuation

Site Admin
simonslade
Trust:
I wouldn't worry about this. Here is a quick query I ran:
http://www.google.com/search?q=link:www ... k.com+.gov

You will notice alot more than 3 links from .gov's pointing towards Facebook.com

I wouldn't worry about this. The main thing you want to make sure that you are adding value to the conversations you contribute to on these sites rather than "spamming" them with completely irrelevant comments.

Focus on adding value for your niche rather than going for 1000's on links :)
Add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

PremiumMember
strongfarmer
Trust:
Thanks for your answer Simon :)

I think, Facebook.com is not a good example in this case, because its trusted site by G. Most of the sites the members will be pointing links to are new.

Yes I definitely agree the comment we post on those sites should be valuable and should not look as a spam.

I dont think my question has been answered yet, does anyone have any experience or problem with adding 5-10 links from "Trusted site" to a new site?

This topic was started on Nov 24, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.