Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

The Death Of Flash Video???

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:

The Death Of Flash Video???

Interesting article about an arrangement that Google has with the upcoming Firefox 3.5

http://www.watblog.com/2009/06/11/firefox-35-is-arriving-with-html-5-support-end-of-flash-videos-on-web-pages/
serratedsnail
Trust:
About time i've never been a fan of flash :P
Kind Regards
Mark

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
Yeah Google 1 year or so from now will be so diffrent I think everthing is going video. I got plans on adding more video promotions to my site once I get it up and running. Im also finding that alot of people start there searches looking on youtube for products and services.
slvrsrfr
Trust:
great post. thanks for sharing that. hopefully it'll make all of our work a little easier.

jason
Site Admin
paulus
Trust:
Very interesting indeed! The sad reality, for those of you experienced in web design & dev, of such a feature is that there is another set of conditions to account for when creating content for the web. What they are planning is undoubtedly exciting, but HTML 5 spec is a long way off being implemented across the board. So the reality is If you target content such as video etc in this manner, until the other big boys in the browser market have their browsers supporting the same standards [i.e. IE, like it or not, people still use it!!]- and more to the point: actual end users have their software up to date, in my mind at least i wouldn't be ditching flash video just yet.

@avidpoet
cheers, very interesting link
<--websta*-->

http://www.affilorama.com

This topic was started on Jun 12, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.