Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

The current state of play with Adsence.....

samb
Trust:

The current state of play with Adsence.....

Hi,

I was just wondering what everybody thought of Adsence these days?

1) Is it still a significant revenue generator? I realise traffic is all important here.

2) I understand that the admission policy has tightened:

a) Domain at least 6 months ???
b) Tightly focussed sited on topic. Not sure if this means you need a new domain for a new topic or whether it is acceptable to have different parts of the site focussing on different parts of the niche??
c) Quality site, well put together.
d) other requirements?

3) time to be admitted???

Thanks,

Sam
samb
Trust:
I am also particularly interested in whether one can use one domain name with different parts of the sites for different subniches. The reason for this is to develop my branding around one domain name while being able to extend site to cover more subniches over time and hopefully having a different Adsence filter for each relevant page.

ie

Topic1-------------Brand.com/Topic1---------------Adsence Filter1
Topic2-------------Brand.com/Topic2---------------Adsence Filter2

etc....

The only other approach I can see is to register multiple domain names like

Topic1atBrand.com
Topic2atBrand.com

and redirect these into different parts of the site.

Thoughts on the above??

Cheers.
frankvue
Trust:
To be honest, since this forum is about affiliate marketing I don't think a lot of people on this board know much about adsense. You would probably be better off posting this at like warriorforums.com or other forums that are more geared towards adsense. Hope that helps.
samb
Trust:
Thanks, good point. I thought that folks might be doing both.

Cheers
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
As Frank said, WF would be the best place to ask this. From what I know about Adsense though, Google has tightened up and I have a few mates who've had Google tell them to fill up their sites with more quality content for Adsense to be used.

Also, from what I've learnt from Matt Carter, you need to be testing heaps more with Adsense to see which niches have the best CPC (cost per click), and then just target those niches. It's not worth putting Adsense on a site and just getting 1 cent per click, when you can put it on another site in a different niche (get the same amount of traffic) and be earning 50-60 cents+ per click.

With Adsense it comes down a the classic formula (which you can see all over the Internet in different forms) of Traffic x Conversion rate x CPC = revenue. You need to increase one or all of them to see better results, obviously if you can opt for a niche which has a better CPC, then go for it. Then the conversion is dependent on your keywords, and finally traffic is all up to you.
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

This topic was started on Jul 20, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.