Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Swine Flu Niche

esolutions
Trust:

Swine Flu Niche

As I'm sure you know. Swine flu has been big on the news and on people's minds ever since the big outbreak this spring.

I tried to take advantage of this by setting up a site and using PPC the very first week that the news started blaring it out around the world. 3 reasons why I failed:

1. It was my very first try at PPC (I spent to much for too little).
2. I didn't have a backup plan in case of PPC failure.
3. I did the research, wrote articles, built the site, built a twitter following and then did nothing to keep it going.

I basically don't have time to keep this site going as I am working on other things.

My first question to Mark or anyone else is, what do you think of this niche?

Second question: is anyone interested in purchasing this site?

"http://preventswineflutoday.com"

If nothing else and you just have some constructive criticism, let me have it!

Thanks
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

PremiumMember
graceharman
Trust:
Hi esolutions,

Had a look at your site and I think it looks nice. There's a good chance of getting some traffic, because people are definitely panicked about swine flu and are searching for information about it. So far, so good.
The big problem is monetizing the niche. The products you're linking to all net only a few dollars in commissions each, which sadly, is never going to add up to more than pocket money! Browsing Clickbank, there are a few offerings in the flu/pandemic line, but they all have rather pathetic gravity scores.
I feel you will have to look at ways to adapt this site to another more profitable health niche before it becomes valuable.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi E,
Just my opinion but I would think the niche was too small to profit from as mentioned above.
I would put adsense on the site and maybe an affiliate product for flu prevention.
Great initiative from you by taking action.. but if the market is not there then not a lot will come from it.
Unless you get imaginative and drive a lot of traffic to the site, I can not see this making a whole lot of $$ for you.
Hey, I hope you prove me wrong, it would be good to see it make money...lol

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

esolutions
Trust:
Thanks for the replies.

I honestly don't think the niche is too small as it applies to anyone that has an internet connection and doesn't want to get swine flu (I don't know anyone that wants swine flu).

I agree that it needs a more valuable affiliate product. Some of the health site cpa offers aren't bad, I just don't have time to get this built up any further so if someone feels moved to jump on this opportunity let me know.

This could also be a good thread for listing some out-of-the-box or emerging niches.
Get More Opt Ins:

wollowra
Trust:
What we meant was that the interest from the broader community is there, but we don't think it will convert to sales ...don't know?
I hope I am wrong and would certainly love to eat my words and have someone profit from it.
well, I sincerely hope you do well with this niche or someone else does.

Kind Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
crystal01
Trust:
Hi,

The interest in the swine flu is def there. That is coming from someone who is infected with it - even having the fluvax and an injection for Pneumonia didn't save me. There is an injection that Dr's can administer to help with recovery but it must be given within the first two days. Unfortunately for me, those two days include weekends, so I lucked out.

So, yes, I believe the interest is there but I am not confident that the conversion rate will be high.

Nice sight though and all the best with it.
esolutions
Trust:
Crap! Are you still infected or now feeling better? Get well soon!

So maybe it won't convert to sales well for swine flu products, but could be great for building a health related email list?
Get More Opt Ins:

PremiumMember
crystal01
Trust:
Hi,

I am still very much in the beginning stages of it. Thanks for the get well wishes!

I agree with the others in that you may need to flesh the site out some for it to be profitable. It may very well be great for building a health related email list.

Here's to your success. :)
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
One thing you should note: Cures sell better than prevention. People don't want to pay for this stuff, but if you could come up with a cure for it, you'd make a ton.

The best niches are ones where people have a pain they want to be rid of, or are irrationally passionate. Think strong emotions. While some people have fallen for the hype about swine flu, most people don't care enough to hand over some cash.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

stephenc
Trust:
if anyone is looking for a good pandemic flu product to promote as an affiliate then you are the kind of person that i am looking for. i need affiliates for my ebook Survive Pandemic Flu, written in response to the swine flu pandemic. this is a high-quality 170 page ebook. you can find out more about it on my affiliate resource page:

http://www.survivepandemicflu.com/affiliates/

cheers,
Stephen Carter
http://www.survivepandemicflu.com/

This topic was started on Aug 04, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.