Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Storing of logins, commenting on blogs and hiring people

zfilinger
Trust:

Storing of logins, commenting on blogs and hiring people

Hi,

1) recently I`ve been wondering how others store all the login information, database access, pages etc. I`m using a spreadsheet, but I`ve redesigned it so many times it drives me crazy. I`d love to hear how you structure all the information you need to have. Do you use separate spreadsheets for every project or do you use a big one? Or do you have all your sensitive information somewhere in a web database? Or have you found a handy program that does all the work for you?

2) Another think that I`m struggling a little bit is commenting on blogs and linking back. If I want to use my name as a keyword phrase, it seems weird to have post from a guy whose name is "lose 5 lbs per week" for example :) Does it mean you fill out just your name and focus only on the backlink, not for ranking for a specific word?

Also do you link to the specific page on your website? Seems that if you are deep linking there is a higher chance of marking your comment as a spam.

Even though I do give value in my comments (I don`t comment like "Hey, great post"), I have a feeling that the successfulness is somewhere around 50%.

3) I find writing articles very annoying and it keeps me back from having bigger success, so I decided to outsource it. I`ve read most of those of you who outsource use people from Philippines. Can you recommend me a site where you have an experience are good writers?

I was trying to find many sites, but the only one I`ve found was hirefilipino.com and because it doesn`t look good, I`m a little bit skeptical.

Thanks for your time

Zbynek
sasha
Trust:
1) recently I`ve been wondering how others store all the login information, database access, pages etc. I`m using a spreadsheet, but I`ve redesigned it so many times it drives me crazy. I`d love to hear how you structure all the information you need to have. Do you use separate spreadsheets for every project or do you use a big one? Or do you have all your sensitive information somewhere in a web database? Or have you found a handy program that does all the work for you?

Hi Zbynek,

I think Mark mentioned in one of his recordings that he uses RoboForm www.roboform.com. I personally haven't used it yet, but seems this might be what you are looking for.

Slavenska
zfilinger
Trust:
Hi Slavenska,

thanks for your reply. Although this is not what I was looking for, I`ll give it a try.

I`m interested in some complex solution, where you could store login information, pages, link to your articles, keywords etc. Some solution which would allow you advanced search. For example if I want to list all login details for weight loss niche. Or I want to search for all login details for forums. Or I want to search for all pages I have on squidoo etc.

So far it seems to me I`d need to create databases and link them together...

Zbynek
zfilinger
Trust:
Another thing is I`d want to have it accessible from anywhere. It happened to me many times I was away from my computer and needed to do something, but I couldn`t, because I didn`t have the login details.
jcdean
Trust:
I have an gmail account were I send stuff to myself. All my paswords, ebooks I have bought, and so on, An email account makes it easy as you can file everything in folder.

It's accesable from any were and you won't lose anything if your P.C. crashes.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

PremiumMember
tylerj
Trust:
My favorite "organizer" thingy is https://lastpass.com It stores all my logins & passwords (encrypted) elsewhere & I can access it from anywhere, & from any computer....much better than Roboform.

Price is right @free as well!

Tj
PremiumMember
mikeg1
Trust:
You might try affiliate organizer.com.
Hope it works.
Mike
zfilinger
Trust:
jcdean wrote:I have an gmail account were I send stuff to myself. All my paswords, ebooks I have bought, and so on, An email account makes it easy as you can file everything in folder.

It's accesable from any were and you won't lose anything if your P.C. crashes.

Thanks for your reply. It's a good idea for backing things up, but for it doesn't solve my problem - I want to have a complex database, where I can store all my projects and information about them, like keywords, assigned logins, links to articles, etc and have the possibility to comfortably search within those information and then sort them by my criteria.

Seems like this is a big challenge for me :)

tylerj wrote:My favorite "organizer" thingy is https://lastpass.com It stores all my logins & passwords (encrypted) elsewhere & I can access it from anywhere, & from any computer....much better than Roboform.

Price is right @free as well!

Tj

Will try!

mikeg1 wrote:You might try affiliate organizer.com.
Hope it works.
Mike

Will try as well :)

Thanks guys for your input
wollowra
Trust:
Sounds like you need a virtual computer?

You can use some applications that store passwords, bookmarks, etc, etc..
for EG: http://www.pendriveapps.com/
or
http://www.lupopensuite.com/
or
http://www.fingergear.com/computer_on_a_stick.php

I use roboform and it is great.. they have a portable version.
I have also used keypass for a portable USB solution.

The only thing that eeks me about having these programs or virtual PC run on a usb stick is security.
I haven't done an exhaustive search but how would I know if the people who built a program that I keep all my database passwords, keywords etc etc.. would not be spying on what the hell I was doing..

but for what you want...an All-in-one solution, you would indeed need a portable database or a database on a server that you can remotely log into.

Let us know if you find anything.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Dec 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.