Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Squidoo Lenses for backlinks...

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:

Squidoo Lenses for backlinks...

A bit of "shameless self-promotion" here, but also some not-too-bad examples of rather popular Squidoo lenses - in support of my ebook and affiliate marketing sites.

Google likes Squidoo and Squidoo encourages links to your sites in your Squidoo Lenses. So Squidoo represents one of the best "Web 2.0" backlink opportunities. You can even target products in your Squidoo lenses and make commissions there.

So, what's a Squidoo Lens?
Well, Squidoo got famous by offering people an easy way to make a long, web-page like page (called a "Lens", because it focuses on one topic) about their favorite topics.

Squidoo gives you many kinds of modules which you insert into your Lens (page) and fill with the type of content each module is designed for. Squidoo makes it simple for web newbies to produce good looking pages, which are automatically hosted at Squidoo. And for experienced webmasters, Squidoo makes it very fast to create content.

They also have a very large, active and friendly community for help and for boosting each other's Lenses. A Squidoo Lens producer is called a "Lensmaster".

My Lenses:
Anyway, here is a link to my Squidoo Lens about Online Marketing. It has links to my other Lenses. Squidoo has been good for my backlink campaigns and I highly recommend using Squidoo (as I believe Mark Ling and others here also do).

http://www.squidoo.com/workshop/marketing-myths-how-it-really-works

Hope this helps:
_jim coe
rhondawhite
Trust:
That's a nice lens you put together. Yes, I really need to do some more of these.... I haven't created one in ages. My time is so limited now, I should look to outsource some of them. Thanks for the reminder of using Squidoo!
~ Rhonda White
Content Marketing Help:
http://internetmarketingPLRcontent.com

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Thanks for your kind words Rhonda. Yes, I should do more on Squidoo myself. It is a pretty valuable asset for online marketers.

_jim coe
dokuroc
Trust:
I must admit i used it before all the mess was up there it made me a nice income but then they changed the rules and banned all of my lenses is there any thing your doing to promote your site but not getting banned?

If you dont mind Name one big rule that i can follow to make sure my new lenses stay up.
if you like my posts and want some personal coaching you can get me at skype
:shaked tayeb. 50$ for 45 minutes.

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Promoting my Squidoo Lenses:
Outside Squidoo:
I have links to some of my Squidoo lenses from my relevant web sites and relevant Facebook pages. And vice-versa. That's all. Not a complete link wheel.

Promoting inside Squidoo:
Also, I get emails when someone comments on one of my lenses and I always respond. Squidoo Lens quality generates popularity in the Squidoo community - which is important. Lots of official "Squidoo Angels" stop by my most popular Lenses and "bless them". So I get a lot of "points". Plus they are all 100% completed, nothing left unfinished. And I usually include a poll.

Read Squidoo TOS:
You could ask in the Squidoo forum at Squidoo to find out what got you banned. I don't do anything special to prevent being banned - but never tried anything that seemed black-hat (or even gray). I did read their Terms of Service and also saw some warnings in their forum about certain things - this was years ago and I don't remember specifics.

Any time you're going to spend time and energy in a community, you should read and abide by their TOS.

Hope this helps....
_jim coe

This topic was started on Jun 28, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.