Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Spun content is getting out of control

smuigal
Trust:

Spun content is getting out of control

Hi Everyone,

I'm starting over... I mean I'm trying to calm myself down before I rant here. Deep breath... breath in... breath out... Okay, shish.

Spinning is getting out of contoll - people are using article spinners and not even checking to see how poor the results are.

Up until recently the only thing I've used AMA for was for posting articles. I used to accept them but it became a huge task for me keep up with the reviewing and filtering through the good articles and the bad that I stopped using this part of the system altogether.

Recently, I joined another program like AMA, called seolinkvine, just to check out the article quality. I've been reviewing the articles submitted and out of 20 articles sitting in my inbox, I've accepted 2.

TWO - that's it!

I have a dog training website - yah, don't we all - anyway... someone submitted an article for flea and tick control, which was ok to start, but then the last paragraph said something like this... For more information about woman's yeast infections, visit "http://theiryeastsite.com".

What the heck??

I don't want my dog loving visitor to be reading an article about tick control and then be told to visit a yeast infection site for woman's rashes. !!!

Next - The spun content is pure crap. Things like, "You guy had always wanted to always be there for always making your best friend happy" The sentence doesn't flow, doesn't make sense, and has repeating words like in this example, "always".

1. If you are accepting articles from places like SEOLinkVine (LV) and AMA, if you have not paid attention to the content, now is the time to do so. Personally I would not automatically allow any articles through.

2. If you are spinning articles have you checked on your article content writer to see the results of your submitted articles? If you haven't, you may want to start spinning them yourself to check the results. My writer does not use an articles spinner. All of the content she writes is hand done. It costs more, but it will reap far more positive results.

3. Do the titles even match the content? People are now spamming these programs with horrible content. One of the articles I received from LV had a title that was all lowercase (yah, I'm picky) and it didn't even match the content of the article. So, if I wasn't paying attention I'd see the title and think, ok that sounds good, then accept it, not knowing that my dog website was getting an article title, "How I Got My Beagle to Stop Barking" and the content was actually about building massive muscles and buying some type of body builders shake supplement.

ARG!!

Perhaps I've been out of the loop for a while because I have never seen such poor quality, badly spun content as I have been recieving from SEOLinkVine's system.

I truly am shocked at how bad this content is. There is no way I'll accept crap content like this. I don't care if it's 300% spun, unique or not, crap is crap and I don't like that stuff on my shoe let alone on my website!

Okay, I think I've ranted enough here. My point in sharing this with you is to enlighten you as to what you may be allowing on your site. You must read past the first paragraph and pay attention to the rest of the article. Sometimes these people put totally unrelated content in at the end or the really bad spinning starts after the first paragraph.

I've also noticed Squidoo, Weebly, Hubpages etc... listings in Google with absolutely crap spun articles. This is creating a huge mess online and for those of us who are using top quality content on our sites, we're the ones in the end who will shine. I think this type of spam is coming from people using SENuke, WebMayhem and places like AMA to a spamming advantage - this advantage will be short lived for sure. It doesn't not take long for Google and other places to catch on to this sort of spam crap.

My fellow Affilorama Buddies - Let's raise above the uh... crap pile. Don't take the "easy" route. Either write and spin quality articles yourself, or pay a good quality writer/spinner to do it for you. Quality is going to outmatch quantity in time. Just like the tortoise and the hair - slow and steady wins the race!

To Your Success,
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hear hear!
Or should I say, "Listen listen!"

It actually takes a bit of smarts to get an article spinner to be your buddy, as opposed to your downfall. If anything, it possibly takes even greater writing skills to be able to envisage how things will flow on from each other.

Garbage in, garbage out!
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

PremiumMember
innonvation
Trust:
yep spinners are a mixed bunch like everything else in life,dont pull your hair out -check it out
horksi
Trust:
Hi Chrisi,

I myself also use AMA to spin articles and place backlinks to my site. So far the acceptance rate is above 90%. I guess this is very high acceptance rate because I myself don't write junk, and I cannot tolerate low quality writing. We should not spam the internet with junks, personally I think this is moral issue.

I agree that to produce quality work require more time and energy but after the sacrifice I feel better.
slvrsrfr
Trust:
I believe the time is coming if it isn't here already when Google's algorithm will rank you in large part for the quality you provide. So think of this as a long term business and write accordingly.

Another tip that I've found helpful in the past is this. Write 7 to 8 short paragraphs, and just spin the paragraphs. This seems to make for better sounding content. And it helped me succeed at a greater than 95% acceptance rate with AMA.

Word to the wise :O)
wollowra
Trust:
Chrisi, Have you tried yoga..lol

All auto spinners are useless.. period.
The only time I would use a spinner is to rewrite original content I have paid for.
I may use it for PLR content, but that content needs to be limited to a small amount of people and the articles need to be top notch.
anyway, grab a nice cup of wine or maybe a beer Chrisi..lol
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

horksi
Trust:
I think Google already has a way to punish those who publish junks using the Bounce rate. Even though it is original content, but human reader will immediately bounce off the website. Google sees this happening and punish the site by dropping it out of the ranking. Just my 2 cents.
smuigal
Trust:
Yah well.... erm... hehe.

Good suggestions Troy. ;) I prefer hot coco, but it's sort of getting too close to summer for hot stuff even coco.

I walk about 2 to 3 hours a day. Morning and evening I take a good walk. There is this really beautiful river trail and when you walk there it's like you're camping out in the wilderness.

I may "grr" a bit now and then but in reality I'm one of the most mellow peeps around.

Yet, I have to say I truly do love this forum. It's actually the only one I take the time to visit. I just don't have time to parooze too much else, but this forum always has cool stuff to look over.

:)
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

This topic was started on Apr 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.