Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Speed at which Google indexes content

essexboyracer
Trust:

Speed at which Google indexes content

Sometimes amazes me at how fast Google indexes new content. I stuck up a brief post on my technical blog mainly for my own future reference and searched on the post title (as i always do, mainly down to curiosity) it had indexed it at about place 5 in 40 seconds.
jcdean
Trust:
Google is indexing stuff faster now because it wants to be the go-to source for breaking news.

I was amazed recently when we had a rare earth quake here on the east coast of the U.S. Five minutes after it happened I typed earthquake in Google and Google and before i got any farther than the word earthquake Google instant had several post about the quake that just happened pop up.

You probably won't hold the high position in the serps for very long, unless your post tittle is a very long tail keyword and there are no better articles on higher page ranked or aged blogs.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Yes, it seems that Google updates in near real-time. Last year, it was reported that Google was developing a system that will enable web publishers to automatically submit new content to Google for indexing. I'm not sure if they are now using PuSH but I noticed that Google indexes new content really fast even if publishers do not submit updates.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Nov 26, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.