Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Spam links

mark schaaf
Trust:

Spam links

I have read on many forums that people say someones links are all spam links and aren't any good. I wanted to know what you consider spam links. The people who was calling things spam links were acting like all posts and comments to blogs and forums were spam links. I think they are if the person making the comment always says something like nice post or nice article just to put in there site info. But to me if the person making the comment makes comments often writes long comments of a paragraph or more directly related to the article isn't a spam post. What does everyone think. Mark
Mark

PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
Mark, I agree with your appraisal that if someone has added actual value to the conversation then the links that they leave are no longer spam. It is true their motivation on the forum or website is to leave a link, however they have become a contributor providing additional value.

The key is has VALUE been added. I try to do that in all the links I create through commenting.

Margene
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
This is spot on. two things I look at, if you use automated tools to get those links, they are spam links. also if you dont add value to the content when commenting, then they are spam links.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Comments posted should be relevant and helpful to other members. If the purpose of the post is just to advertise a site or a product then that is considered spam.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

essexboyracer
Trust:
I have had 12 visits from affilorama the last 31 days, may my value adding posting continue...!
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
@essexboyracer - That's good to hear! :) And yes, you certainly give value to all Affilorama members with your helpful comments.

I moderate Affilorama comments on the blog posts and it is easy to spot what is a spam link and what is a real comment. Comments that do not add value to the conversation or those that do not make sense are only out to advertise links... and those get deleted from our blogs and forums right off.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

essexboyracer
Trust:
and it is easy to spot what is a spam link

I too manage a couple of blogs and a forum and you do develop a skill for scanning through and picking out spam comments, I think at their peek the blogs received 200 spam comments a day. Akismet and comments by moderation helps with managing that but I still scan through the spam comments folder in Wordpress just to check for false positives.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Akismet and similar plugins help to curb spam comments but you still have to go in there an go over those that the plugins missed. Moderating comments can be such a chore so most of the time, I just disable the comments from affiliate sites.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Oct 19, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.