Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

so... how much have you accomplished?

jimenezjse
Trust:

so... how much have you accomplished?

I just wanted to know a little bit more about other people's success stories! like how much sales you've gotten, if you love doing this, and is it really making you a decent second income? I'm just wondering I need some inspiration right now! I've been trying to get my site up(which is about wow) on barely on designing my website, and im doing all of this at such a slow pace because of everything im doing right now!! school, work, soccer!! its all alot and then this website hopefully it really works out for me, that way i could just quit my job and do this full time!

Anyways? what are your stories or success using affilblueprint? I need some inspiration!!!!

Thank you, Jose
amasango
Trust:
I'm in the same boat as you Jose. I've been working hard on my site but I've still got a lot to do. I've added lots of articles (around 50) and notice that I'm getting about 70 visits to the site per day now. I've not yet done any PPC or automated article marketing but will be starting with that soon.

I made my first sale last week, which was quite exciting but I've a looong way to go and a lot more sales to make before the effort pays off. Just keeping my fingers crossed and blindly marching forward with my cross of faith or naivety planted firmly on my shoulder.

All the best with it buddy!
PremiumMember
caroldunn
Trust:
I've been browsing looking for success stories too. I've never made a sale online and am happy to browse this forum and see that a lot of people have made their first sale and some are making a full time living too. I have a friend who is making a full time living online and he says Mark Ling has the best training for newbies which is why I'm here. Hopefully I'll be posting my success story someday soon.
traeth
Trust:
Hi Guys;

I haven't made a sale yet, but I feel very successful for the first time in my online endevors. I say that because I have put in a lot of hours, taken action and have a nice website that is getting traffic without me having to pay for it.

Success comes each day when you sit at your computer, write one, two , ten articles. Success comes when you monitize your site and do it all of three minutes because you know now exactly what your are doing. Success is seeing a new visitor reach you through a search and your wondering how because you are not even ranking yet. Success happens just because you took time to take action today, tomorrow, the next.

I am off for summer vacation, but during my school year I know what it is like to work all day, and come home and want to do but you are tired. So, start slow and simple, take two hours each day and for those two hours be nothing but engaged in watching a video and then turning right around and applying what you learned.

In order to keep myself motivated, I have moved on through some of the weeks even though I only have 18 articles on my site. It was good to see what I was going to be doing next, doing it if I could and gave me motivation to do what I needed to do so I could applied what I learned in the new video.

If you can't spend any money on AMA yet, which I would recommend be your first money spent, get in the habit of submitting one of your articles to EZine each and everyday. I have done this in the past week, and all of my artiles are ranking one and two for the article titles, and most are ranking on the first page for my keyword.

Keep your chins up and stay focused. One step at a time. I promise slow is better, there are no get rich ways - I don't care what others say - slow and steady always wins the race.
Much Success!!
Tracy

slvrsrfr
Trust:
i have to agree wholeheartedly with tracy, and very well said too!

i have been hugely surprised by the amount of work i've had to put in just to get to this point. probably over 120 hours so far. but then i'm doing everything myself, because a) i can't afford outsourcing at the moment and, b) i want to do my first one from start to finish.

i've made 2 sales so far and my site has been up for just a little over a month. i am making use of ama, that is my only expense besides the hosting etc.

my goal is to be able to replace my income, if not more within a year. this is not a quick rich system. the only such thing that exists like that is called l-o-t-t-e-r-y, and we all know how well those work for most folks.

if you think you'll be leaving your job in the next 3 weeks to 3 mths, i think you are mistaken and need to really realize what this is about.

however, that encourages me, because if it was that easy, then everyone would do it. so i see the huge potential but it'll take time.

the goal is to get your first site making $50 a week regularly and then scale it up, and eventually the sites will hopefully be making ~$200 a week after some months and when you have a few or more done, you should be able to replace your income.

that's my goal anyway. this is a marathon and not a sprint.

good luck,

jason
PremiumMember
stevenhall
Trust:
It's been an up and down and up road for me, but I first started late last year and am now making more money from Affiliate marketing than I ever did in any job I've had before. It has involved a lot of work, but I've really got good momentum going now building these kinds of websites and I can say that it really is a snowball effect once you get past your first few sales and on to reinvesting back into building lots of these kinds of sites.
slvrsrfr
Trust:
thanks for the input steve. that is very encouraging to hear for us newbies.

jason
lester269
Trust:
Not as much as I had hoped for! Only at the web building and article writing stage at present :(
Doing it the same way as Jason. For exactly the same reasons too!

I'm in this for the long haul. Determined to see the blueprint all the way through to the end.
So my waypoints are, without putting extra pressure on myself by setting calendar deadlines:
1. First Sale.
2. $50 per week.
3. Start 2nd site (Use profit from site 1 to fund article outsourcing)
4. Match my salary online.
5. $10,000 per month.

My philosophy is that if you break the whole process down into manageble chunks (as above) then it becomes more realistic to keep progressing. Think ahead too much, then my brain goes into meltdown comparing where I am at this time to actually reaching Waypoint 5.

Agree 100% with Steve that once you get rolling with the first site, then the momentum will build up rapidly.

Keep hangin' in there!

Alastair
Onwards & Upwards, my fellow Affiliateers!

If you don't try, you'll always wonder why!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Well ive done alot of reading, and watching the videos here and the ones mark has listed on youtube, also just added him to my twitter this morning. I have some niche ideas i am researching while i wait to get paid so i can go buy some web hosting. lol im doing alot of work on my own so i can spend as little as possible. unfortunately trying to start a business with no money to spend on it takes much more work and much longer to get going. hope to get my first site up by the end of the week. then start fine tuning it and getting some links out there. thanks for all the motivation and help. i just wish ihad found this site a couple of months ago when i first got started.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

lester269
Trust:
Hey James!

It does seem to take a long time with no money!

Upside is the extra knowledge we gain from doing it ourselves will pay off when we start outsourcing. We should have a far clearer vision of what we need to improve on the first site. Also, think of the extra time available to learn more while someone else is writing 30 articles.
Whilst I enjoy writing all the articles myself (in a masochistic sort of way), it really does slow progress down.

But it will all come good in the end. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing it!

Regards

Alastair
Onwards & Upwards, my fellow Affiliateers!

If you don't try, you'll always wonder why!

PremiumMember
knovak
Trust:
I am optimistic.
I'm not yet ranking on google, but still managing to get 100 visits every few days. And, last week I was very pleased to make my first sale! That person actually went ahead and bought two things =P
I think things will only improve from here--for everyone.
dianneb
Trust:
Great comments from everyone. I think the reason we are all doing this is that life is difficult in this financial climate. You are right - if it was easy everyone would be doing it. When I went back to university to do a degree as "grown up" some people said they couldn't see the point in spending that time on something. However, another friend made a good point. Time is going to go past no matter what you do or don't do and you can choose to work slowly but steadily towards your goals or not. If you do in a few years time you will look back and say, wow I did it. The people who gave up will look back (because time has gone by for them as well) and complain about how life is still a hassle. It really is our choice how we use that time. If we each break our goal of making money and having the lifestyle that someone who wins Big Wednesday into small steps we will succeed. Then we can all party together!!!! with Mark and team of course!!!. By the way, I don't believe in motivation any more. I just do the next thing I need to do and I end up motivated. Works better than trying to find the motivation beforehand. Good luck to everyone. I hope we each find the other being successful and having fun.
caoimh
Trust:
I started with the Blogging Bootcamp. I had no experience of getting a site up, installing WordPress, back links, spinning articles, SEO optimization, redirects. I have learned a lot but do get frustrated with my pace. I am at the 60th minute of the third webinar just about to send out some spun articles.
As with everyone else I have a host of other things to do. I also feel the call of the sirens with every get rich quick mail or link I come across. Part of me can't believe it takes so much effort to get started, part of me knows that to build a business from scratch with little money is an amazing accomplishment if you can do it and the price you pay is your effort.
I have found Affilorama to be amazing in terms of support and in finding answers in the Forum and tools to my basic questions and needs. The business model makes sense. Mark Ling succeeds because he does the work that only 1 in 20 are willing to do (or less). He has shown me what it takes. If I can repeat it then similar success should be mine. It is not complicated but the ropes are multitudinous and detailed. Staying on plan and motivated is the real challenge.
I hope all of us beginners are here in 6 months to compare notes of successful campaigns.
- Caoimh
carlmasure
Trust:
When I started here with Mark back in Dec 2009, I already had some campaigns going using squidoo and blogger. I had a few sales from a couple unprofitable niches.

After watching the vids and reading the info here, I set up a stand alone website in the niche I had done the most work on. I was able to crank out 4 sales in about the last 3 weeks. I've had about 400+ clicks on my affiliate links over the last 14 days to the product and I've decided at this point to leave this site sit and churn around for awhile.

So, I set up another website campaign and built some links around it, starting with squidoo and hubpages, then with blogger, ezine, and other article marketing, but not tons. While the first campaign simmers, I'll keep doing what Mark tells us to do in the bootcamp vids. So far, this new site is not getting much traffic. We'll see how it goes.

This topic was started on Jun 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.