Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

site suspended in adwords

daveyace
Trust:

site suspended in adwords

i have just tried my first campaign on adwords and they have suspended my site. the page is a review of a product on clickbank. is it due to the page being a bridge page and what can i do to change it?

also does google only look at the page for affiliate links or the whole site because i have pages on acai berry and google apparently doesn't like those sites
Make $10,000 with this step by step formula (Newbie Friendly) http://bit.ly/MveoYF

beldin
Trust:
Basically... Goog doesn't like affiliate links. Once they notice them, it's highly likely you'll get the "lifetime ban" from using Adwords.

I think they actually manually review sites from time to time. Once you are on their radar you are subject to more scrutiny. I've had the same thing happen... first a suspended site then told that even though I removed the campaigns in Adwords that the history still stands. I wasn't told what the specific problem was, just general. Didn't touch the account at all for 6 months and got a letter saying I was banned. They keep the history and if they decide that they want to ban your account, they'll do it without any further violations on your part.
Stephen

paulie69
Trust:
I'd say that Google has looked at (and rated) your whole site, not just the page in question - but I could be wrong. I believe in the old adage that Google knows everything.

And yes, acai berry is a touchy subject apparently. It's interesting it's such an iffy subject on the internet when I can go into any health shop in my state and buy any quantity of the product (at highly inflated prices of course) and all manner of free, unsubstantiated advertising rubbish to go with it. All perfectly legal and legitimate. So it's okay to sell it and promote it in "real life" - but not on the Intenet.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Yes, Google does not like bridge pages. You could request for a re-review after you have addressed the violation. You'll find more information on this page: Bridge page
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

daveyace
Trust:
but how do i know what to change? the aff links on that page or the whole site?
Make $10,000 with this step by step formula (Newbie Friendly) http://bit.ly/MveoYF

rosconz
Trust:
I had this happen to me last week.
Even if you delete the campaign from your account they still want you to remove all links to the product sales page from your review site. Makes that review site obsolete now, when most sales came from natural seo anyway.
Silly requirement, they should just tell you why they did what they did. Then just black list that domain from your adwords account. But no...
ez123abc
Trust:
Ok, so does this mean that if you are promoting an affiliate site, promoting let's say click bank, amazon, and commission junction on the same site, it's best not to promote your adsense because you will be banned?

I do have another question on adsense. You can only have one account correct?

I ask this because, yes, many marketers use many email addresses for various sites so i'm just wondering about that.

One more question...If you post on a website (say your own site) you ping and submit to directories and what not. If you post to youtube and squido and other of those pages, you don't have to do the same, correct?
beldin
Trust:
ez123abc wrote:Ok, so does this mean that if you are promoting an affiliate site, promoting let's say click bank, amazon, and commission junction on the same site, it's best not to promote your adsense because you will be banned?

You got it. Sites that are designed to drive traffic to a different site (ie affiliate sites) can get you banned. Whether that is clickbank, amazon or whatever, indivualy or combined.

Direct from Goog:

Landing pages advertised via AdWords must have relevant, original
content, and must be transparent about the nature of the business
being promoted. Further, advertisers are prohibited from promoting
certain types of sites, which include, but are not limited to:
* Data collection sites that imply delivery of free items, etc., in
order to collect private information
* Arbitrage sites without relevant and original content that are
designed for the purpose of showing ads
* Affiliate sites without relevant and original content that are
designed to drive traffic to another site with a different domain
* "Get-rich quick" sites that make unrealistic promises
* Sites that are deceptive
* Sites that distribute malware or spyware
* Extremely misleading/unverifiable or inaccurate claims

It does say "sites without relevant or original content" but how they determine what is relevant and original is entirely up to them.

Best advice I've heard is to not rely on Goog for your traffic in any form, be that SEO or Adwords. Relying on one source of traffic is a bad business model.
Stephen

greg_591
Trust:
Just to add to the topic, I had an experience of buying a banned domain name. It took me almost 3 months to get the site indexed. When I sent out an inquiry to google about the situation, I got a reply that the domain name is banned for violating the Webmaster Guidelines. All is well now after filing for a reconsideration for the domain name. Just thought it would be a nice practice to check on the domain names we will be working on.

Not sure if there are other tools for checking domain names but this is what I use as of now.
http://www.iwebtool.com/google_banned
surveyguy11
Trust:
thanks guys for all those information, it happened to me too!
rosconz
Trust:
Google sucks, been like two months now and my adwords account is still down. Even when the "bad affiloblueprint" site of mine, has been taken down.

This topic was started on Apr 29, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.