06 May 11 11:53 pm
ez123abc wrote:Ok, so does this mean that if you are promoting an affiliate site, promoting let's say click bank, amazon, and commission junction on the same site, it's best not to promote your adsense because you will be banned?
You got it. Sites that are designed to drive traffic to a different site (ie affiliate sites) can get you banned. Whether that is clickbank, amazon or whatever, indivualy or combined.
Direct from Goog:
Landing pages advertised via AdWords must have relevant, original
content, and must be transparent about the nature of the business
being promoted. Further, advertisers are prohibited from promoting
certain types of sites, which include, but are not limited to:
* Data collection sites that imply delivery of free items, etc., in
order to collect private information
* Arbitrage sites without relevant and original content that are
designed for the purpose of showing ads
* Affiliate sites without relevant and original content that are
designed to drive traffic to another site with a different domain
* "Get-rich quick" sites that make unrealistic promises
* Sites that are deceptive
* Sites that distribute malware or spyware
* Extremely misleading/unverifiable or inaccurate claims
It does say "sites without relevant or original content" but how they determine what is relevant and original is entirely up to them.
Best advice I've heard is to not rely on Goog for your traffic in any form, be that SEO or Adwords. Relying on one source of traffic is a bad business model.