Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Should I try affiliate marketing without a website?

kurt
Trust:

Should I try affiliate marketing without a website?

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy shows how to make money in affiliate marketing without a website. His method was to simply write an article on Ezinearticles. Although Ezinearticle will not let you link directly to your affiliate product sales page from your article, they will let you link to your own domain where you can create a redirect to the affiliate products sales page. This way you wouldn't need a website, just a domain. I know it's not the best way of doing it, but when you don't have the money for hosting or the know how to build a website yet, it seems like a viable alternative. I just thought it be a good way to get started. Would like to hear some feedback from those more experienced. Does this sound like a good way to get started or am I missing something? Is there any reason why I shouldn't try to do it this way?
michael025
Trust:
You might want to check our free lesson on this topic....Watch it here: Affiliate Marketing Without a Website
kurt
Trust:
Yeah, I have checked out that free lesson on affiliate marketing without a website actually. I was just wondering about this method here. I have never heard of anyone doing it this way, so I thought there might be a reason for that. It seems like it would be the easiest way to get started. Just wanted to know what others think about it.
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
This might be a bit challenging. Unless you know exactly how to get Ezine Articles ranked, they will probably only get traffic for one or two days before they sink off the front page of EZA.

What would probably be better is to use EZA to link to a blog on Blogspot or some other free platform.

From there you can get search traffic to that blog (as well as EZA traffic). Then you just convert that traffic to the sales page.

Be careful when picking where you build your blog though, since many of the free sites do not like affiliate links (I believe Wordpress.com and Tumblr are among two that don't allow affiliate links).

As far as I know Blogspot is still okay.

Hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

This topic was started on May 27, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.