Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Setting up a domain and name servers

sixtos
Trust:

Setting up a domain and name servers

I'm 2 seconds away from launching my first site and the field in name cheap "Domain Name Server Set Up" is MIA.

How do I move forward right now.

I got everything from host gator ready to go

This Admin Stuff gets to me.

Please Help

Sergio
Have a good and funny day.

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Sergio,
You need to point your domain to your hosting account nameservers.
Make sure that you are changing the DNS for your domain under Transfer DNS to Webhost (or Domain Name Server Setup) option in your back office, rather than in Nameserver Registration.
If you can not find the section to do this, contact their support as they are good at guiding you.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

sixtos
Trust:
Thanks for the tip

I found it and moved forward- now I'm just waiting for the data to travel north to canada.

Hope it doesn't take forever.

I am so curious to see if the search engines and the public will respond to my stuff.

A tech geek wanna be, but not really, I'm an artist.

Cheers and thanks again
Have a good and funny day.

jasondodd
Trust:
They say it can take up to 48 hours for a DNS to propagate your domain name but it's usually a lot quicker than that. Depends how regularly it updates it cache ...
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

This topic was started on Jul 08, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.