Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Separate Page Graphics in XSite Pro - Is it Possible?

finklebum14
Trust:

Separate Page Graphics in XSite Pro - Is it Possible?

Does anyone know if it is possible to put separate (for instance) Header graphics on XSite Pro? Or can you ONLY CHANGE the Main Body section ? Many thanks if you can help.
wollowra
Trust:
Yes, it is very easy.
Just go into page layout editor.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

finklebum14
Trust:
Troy, thanks for the response, but I think you are misunderstanding the question. I want to put different headers on different pages (I don't want to just CHANGE the header globally). All settings appear to be global except for the MAIN panel and the RIGHT Panel through the advanced settings tab. You don't appear to be able to look at each page and design it individually? Hope that makes sense. Thanks.
wollowra
Trust:
Yep, no probs.
Just go to...
web pages....
page settings.....
click on the page you want to edit on the left......
Advanced settings at the bottom.....
Page layout.....
Then, Ignore page layout completely...

Now having said that... you will need to build up the page again to how you want it.

There is another way using tokens...
http://www.shopxsitepro.com/XSP_Tips/Cr ... tePro.html

Hope that helps.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

finklebum14
Trust:
Troy,
thanks again for the time you have taken to help me with this. I don't want to use this feature often but occasionally on less important or specific content pages it would be useful. The site you recommended also has a technique using extra pages as external links which would be another way around it...so many thanks again.

By the way I sent the same request to XSite Pro and they came back with the answer that it could NOT be done!
Thanks again, James

This topic was started on Jan 07, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.