Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Selling an XSitePro Site To A Non-XSitePro Webmaster

rubanz
Trust:

Selling an XSitePro Site To A Non-XSitePro Webmaster

Not sure which section to put this in so here it is :)

My question is how do we transfer a website we made using XSitePro to someone who does not use XSitePro to build websites? Does it even matter?

I am NOT very tehcnically inclined with website building/design so anybody with a basic understanding of this, pretty much any tips & feedback would be much appreciated. Would help me to prepare and anticipate a possible sale of one of my sites.

Thanks!!!
jpastorizo
Trust:
You can put all the site files in a zip file and the buyer can upload all of it in his/her server. If there is a need to edit anything, then the buyer needs to use XSitepro.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

rubanz
Trust:
Thankyou for the reply!

Oh ok so they would need XsitePro then .
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Rubanz,

I've not used XSitePro myself. When I saw this, though, I had 2 thoughts.

1. Doesn't it output files into plain text files (ie .html, .php, .css, etc). These files should be able to be read by any html editor, WYSIWYG or not.

2. In case it does save "other" information in its own proprietary format, you might look under the File menu for an Export option. Many programs that have their own "proprietary" format can often save to a format that can be read by other programs. Some information can be lost, but usually in content. What gets lost is more in format.

So check these out. If the former is true, he wouldn't need anything else and if not, then an export might work. Oh, and even if you don't see an export option, do a Save As and see what formats the program can save in. You might find one you both could use to share the info.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Dec 10, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.