Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Revenue Models......???

samb
Trust:

Revenue Models......???

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I would be interested in an update on good current revenue models taking into account changes at Google and competition in the broader market place.

As I see it they are:

1) Small Quantity / Quality Website / Commission from sale of Affiliate Product through Affiliate Network ie sale of product ie through Clickbank.

2) Small Quantity / Quality Website / Commission from sale of Product direct from merchant

3) Large Quantity / Lower Quality Website/ Commission from Affiliate networks as in 1)

4) Small Quantity / Quality website(s) / Commission from Adsence.

5) Large Quantity / Lower Quality Website/ Commission from Adsence.

5) Others ???

At the moment I am most interested in 2) since I have an interest in specific products that are not listed in ClickBank and I am also intrigued by 4).

Thoughts really appreciated on above.

Thanks.

(P.s I was Interpulse. But my name is Sam !)
andridj
Trust:
Sam,

Out of those 5, I think 1 and 2 are the best, adsense is too unreliable these days... and it's too easy for other people (competitors or some random jealous prick) to screw you up by repeatedly clicking on your ads and get you banned from adsense. Building a large number of lower quality websites such as auto-blogging *might* work for a short time, but in a long run, high quality websites that provide real value always prevails, so you'd better spend your time and money focusing on them.

Andri
samb
Trust:
andridj wrote:Out of those 5, I think 1 and 2 are the best, adsense is too unreliable these days...
Andri

Interesting...

andridj wrote: and it's too easy for other people (competitors or some random jealous prick) to screw you up by repeatedly clicking on your ads and get you banned from adsense.
Andri

Very interesting. Basing a business model on this level of risk to vandalous users seems unwise to be me, and also to the wims of Google. Too much control with either bad users and/or google. Hmmmm....

Thanks for the insight,

Sam
samb
Trust:
I have to confess when I see an adsence site it feels "thin" to me, just an excuse for running some "classified ads". However then again I have seen some good sites that can offer free and good content simply because they are able to gain revenue from adsence.

Sam
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Make quality sites mate. Start small, then grow them if they are profitable. It's all about testing.
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

This topic was started on Jul 19, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.