Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Removing the date from a Wordpress post

powernow
Trust:

Removing the date from a Wordpress post

In the second Bootcamp webinar, Mark said he removed the dates from all his postings. How is this done?

Thanks
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Mark can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is in the theme. If you're working with a pre-existing theme, I believe that it would be referenced in one of the php files (if you look in the Theme Editor), most likely the index.php file. Removing the line with the date reference should work.

But, that might be a bit of a hack fix if you're using an already existing theme, other than Mark's.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
I'm not sure what theme you're using so as Grady says it could be an adjustment in the dashboard settings. If not you have to remove some code from your php files. It could be just in the index file but if you have single.php, page.php and archive.php - you have to modify those too. You're looking for something like this:

<div class="date">
<p><?php the_time('F j, Y'); ?></p>
</div>

always keep a copy of your original file before you make any changes in case something goes "kaflooey" yeah, that's a technical term :)

If your not comfortable with tweaking code, there a plugin that may help. http://www.dailyblogtips.com/date-exclusion-wordpress-plugin/
PremiumMember
jayhurwitz
Trust:
Thanks guys. Much appeciated.

I did not see the coding that Grady suggested on the themes editor page, so I am going to give the date exclusion plug-in a shot.

Jay
needcash4u
Trust:
The Date Exclusion SEO plug-in seems to work.

This topic was started on Dec 16, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.