Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Redirects-with xsitepro

nates450r
Trust:

Redirects-with xsitepro

i want to start changing all my aff links to redirects however, this is my first time trying so i dont quite understand how to do it.

i watched the xsitepro video on youtube but it was not clear enough for me to understand.

so...this is whare im at (example below) in others tab/redirects

Page Name-- recommends-PRODUCT NAME
Redirect Delay-- 5 SEC
Redirect URL--http://AFFILIATEID.PRODUCTCOMPANY.hop.clickbank.net/?page=PRODUCT PAGE

after that it says the url will look like this

The url For this page will be http://www.MYWEBSITE.com/recommends-PRODUCT NAME.html

I tested it out and no surprize it did not work so...what else do i need to do? create a recommend page? or file? pleae explain
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
Note I have not seen the Utube video you are describing so I will try to describe the complete procedure.

X-Site Pro go to "OTHER" section. There you should locate a tab that says redirects. Upon pulling up the redirect page you should see a box which has the first line as page name - On this line is the name of the page or redirect name you want the name the page; follwing line - redirect delay - put the time you want ( I usually leave it at 0); this next line is label redirect URL - on this line you put in your clickbank url information as required to go your affiliate marketer. You can ignore the design section completely. Below the design section is another line that states "The URL for this page will be: When you have filled out the above 3 sections X-Site Pro automatically provides a page URL for your redirect. You then enter this redirect URL into the banners etcetera. If you have X-Site Pro 2.5 all you need to do is press the icon for inserting a banner. IN THE BOX THAT COMES UP IS A LINE LABELED "REDIRECTS". Go the the "Redirect" and select the page name you have chosen.

I hope that helps. X-Site Pro both version 1 & 2 have a full tutorial inside the program. If there is still a problem make a response to the posting. I will check back.

Have a good day.
nates450r
Trust:
newstart wrote:Note I have not seen the Utube video you are describing so I will try to describe the complete procedure.

X-Site Pro go to "OTHER" section. There you should locate a tab that says redirects. Upon pulling up the redirect page you should see a box which has the first line as page name - On this line is the name of the page or redirect name you want the name the page; follwing line - redirect delay - put the time you want ( I usually leave it at 0); this next line is label redirect URL - on this line you put in your clickbank url information as required to go your affiliate marketer. You can ignore the design section completely. Below the design section is another line that states "The URL for this page will be: When you have filled out the above 3 sections X-Site Pro automatically provides a page URL for your redirect. You then enter this redirect URL into the banners etcetera. If you have X-Site Pro 2.5 all you need to do is press the icon for inserting a banner. IN THE BOX THAT COMES UP IS A LINE LABELED "REDIRECTS". Go the the "Redirect" and select the page name you have chosen.

I hope that helps. X-Site Pro both version 1 & 2 have a full tutorial inside the program. If there is still a problem make a response to the posting. I will check back.

Have a good day.

thanks for the info, however i would like to insert the rediect url in a text link so what needs to be done?
vqaa
Trust:
As above works for me
Highlight text and insert the redirect you created
To edit or add new tab etc highlight text and click link / other
check your affil link is correct
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Another way you can do it is to create a "recommends" folder on your site. Then, for each one you want to promote, create a folder for that. In each of the product folders, create a index.php file. Then use the URL redirect tool to create the php code to put in there.

May take a bit of work doing it manually, but it's effective.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

nates450r
Trust:
ok evrything seems to work now-i was trying to use the redirect in the preview mode thats what was wrong
nates450r
Trust:
i set up a few redirects publised my site and tested them

i click on a link the redirect page comes up in url looks nice and clean
then after a few seconds the aff links shows up in the url

is this how it supposed to be?
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
I believe I have an answer.

I just checked a couple of my websites to determine whether the same thing occured. On one site it did, on two that I checked it did not. However, I had to search for those sites that did not display the "clickbank coding" just prior to the page. It appears to me that at the point the system displays your clickbank coding it has entered the other site. If that is the case, there is nothing that you can do to stop the system displaying the code.

In my case, the display is for less than a second so there is insufficient time for anyone to capture the coding for modification. Note: I a NOT a tech person. My explanation may be incorrect.

Margene.
nates450r
Trust:
i dont know if this is the same problem--

when i click on (some) redirected links on my website the redirect url comes up in the url (everythings ok)
http://www.MY WEBSITE.com/PAGE NAME
then switches to http://www.PRODUCT WEBSITE.com/AFFILIATE PRODUCT.html
but a few redirected link formats look like this when clicked
http://www. MY WEBSITE.com/PAGE NAME
after a few seconds the regular aff id url comes up and stays that way in the address bar
http://www. PRODUCT WEBSITE.com/ab/?AFFILIATE ID&pid=PRODUCT PAGE

This topic was started on Aug 08, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.