Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Recommended Internet Marketing Gurus? Who taught you?

zen19021
Trust:

Recommended Internet Marketing Gurus? Who taught you?

I've gotten onto the mailing list of many other Internet Marketing gurus. They all offer many products/packages at varying prices. Are there any that you recommend? Also who have you learnt from?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
John Reese is one guy who knows his stuff, Ive learnt a fair bit of stuff from him.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Depends what in particular that you want to learn.

I've learnt a lot from other people who I've met personally, but in terms of actual products that I've bought...

With Affiliate marketing, the only major IM product influence I can recall off the top of my head has been the reese report - (broken link removed). I've developed my methods over the last 7 and a half years from experimentation, meeting other affiliate marketers online and discussing tactics, watching my competition and learning from what they are doing, and making a lot of mistakes! (and learning from them). Oh, and also tom hua's freetosell (it's about $50) sparked me off on viral marketing (this was about 6 years ago).

If you are selling your own products, I strongly recommend "instant cashflow" by bradley sugars. It's only $11.53 on amazon.com. It is fantastic for general marketing concepts. Other products will show video examples of this kind of stuff and it sells for $500-1000, this is only $11.53 and is awesome:

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Cashflow- ... 37?ie=UTF8

The master plan has been great recently for seo - http://www.affilorama.com/themasterplan

John reeses traffic secrets - $1000, but very good. http://www.trafficsecrets.com

Also there's willie crawfords power copywriting for the internet *broken link* which is great for learning how to do copywriting.

A lot of other books have been great, here are a few: "blueprint to a billion", "the google story", also recently I've been studying up on vince mcmahon and how he markets WWE.

Hope this helps,

Again, this is off the top of my head, so I may have missed a quite a few here. Amazon books are great, often better than these $100+ ebooks, and they are cheaper!

All the best,
Mark
Last edited by michellerana on 01 Mar 10 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: remove broken link

Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
ps also remember not everything can be learnt from courses and books, but I'm sure you realise that already.

It helps a lot to have others running similar businesses that you can discuss tactics, results and so forth with. Try to meet people on the affilorama forum, that is a great place to start meeting like minded people.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

davmontrose
Trust:
Well I don't know quite what the situation is. But I had to comment on this a bit. If you are anything like me, I had joined a lot of mailing lists because I was always getting something for free. Which I will say I got a ton of excellent information for free at times. I bought a few books, one from Holly Mann, read MYSS 2002, and a few from Brad Callen, got some really excellent videos here and there along the way too. I understand what marketers are doing when they are trying to upsell you etc. and that is cool, as I'm aspiring to be one of them. But I will say, when I saw Affilorama, and did Mark's 6 day course, as far as I was concerned, for the money it was the best product I had seen, especially because most of it is video tutorial, and for me, actually seeing things done, is way better than getting lost all the time in the books. I think I was trying to read to much into things for a while. So as soon as I was done the 6 day mini course, I decided, I'm gonna join, and get this done right, and turn off all the hype that my inbox was getting, because I was getting nothing done, if I was reading emails all the time!! I unsubsribed myself to a ton of mailing lists and decided to keep my learning to only a select few of maybe 6 people that really inspired me. and not only that, but kept it to people that I felt actually cared about teaching people how to do affiliate marketing. All I'm saying is, know when to turn off the hype, it's the best thing I've done, my work habits have increased exponentially since. And as for Mark and Affilorama, their sincerity in teaching since I've joined, is being shown to me every other day, in the forum, from the updates to the site etc. So I'm not sure if this is answering any question for you but maybe somebody will get something out of it!! Cheers Davin
superaff
Trust:
I subscribed to loads of lists and bought affiliate courses (Rosalind, Ewen,Dave Vallieres, ...)

I learned and still learn a lot from Them, specially Ewen.

But Mark is the best investment I made so far.

I can's see anything close to Affilorama.

And what a price!

I don't see how why someone would subscribe to another membership site, unless if it is a complement to affilorama, something that will help you on the roadmap.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

zen19021
Trust:
Thanks for all your answers and advice. I feel it important to keep up with whats going on and there seems to be several very useful resources out there (although many are expensive). Davinator - who are the 6 that you follow? With so many doing coaching programmes there is also the risk of the newer "experts" merely copying from their mentors and charging an arm and a leg.
Support
greg
Trust:
Hey guys,

Great to read all the comments about Affilorama, yes Mark is the man! I've just had a member contact me asking about affiliatesecretformula.com. It's a fairly new guide, can't find anything about it on Google. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone has read the ebook, is it worth a read? good? bad? indifferent?

Cheers :D
davmontrose
Trust:
Zen, The 6 people I decided to just stay focused on for my learning are , well of course Mark Ling, but also James Martell, Mike Filsaime, Holly Mann, Matthew Glanfield, and ironically enough a guy that i just happened to meet by fluke, but he is really helping me with the path, is Bob the Teacher. or Bob Jenkins if you prefer. I know Holly Mann might look a little weird in that list, but I will tell you, she is a much more serious marketer than her book reveals. I started emailing her and she does return my emails personally when I need a bit of help. A very real person indeed who is succeeding very well. Anyway that is who i'm following. Cheers Davin
wouter
Trust:
Hi
here a few guys i trust:
John Reese ofcourse
Brad Williams Newsletter: subscribe at www.ezseonews.com very good seo advice
Jonathan Leger gives you good advice also
The email course of brad callen SEO power strategies is really worth reading, ofcourse he is also promoting his product in it

regards
wouter (belgium)
PremiumMember
terryb
Trust:
very interesting thread and lot's of good advice ...

my thoughts on member sites are on http://www.MakingMoneyReviews.info (sorry Mark I ain't got round to putting Affilorama on there which I will soon and it will go on as No.2 to WA, RenLem will go 3 and LAT will be removed) ... for me I just don't think you can really learn IM from a book, so the one on one support and coaching from WA has made the biggest difference to me, and this closely followed and complemented by both Mark with Affilorama and Phil Gosling a Brit Master Copywriter ...

so my thoughts may be summarised if you want help, video tutorials, other tutorials, built in affiliate programme, help, advice and one on one coaching and very active useful forums these are the best sites

WA http://www.my-linker.com/hop/waff - recently improved massively with loads of tools available for the IMer - best for PPC and other forms of Affiliate marketing, best forum I’ve ever found, great conversion / copywriting tips

Affilorama - best for longer term aff and adsense site development and SEO tactics, use of content, plr etc (links well with seo20/20), broad based IM and marketing savvy ...

RenLem - http://www.my-linker.com/hop/renlem best for people interested in developing and marketing their own info products, great copywriting advice, run by a fine English fella ...

Bought stacks of ebooks over time ...

DBO is the best thing by a mile I have read on the subject of buyer psychology ... peoples pain, predicament, problem, what float’s their boat … get to know the market, the niche, the kws etc inside out ... includes the process form start to finish and has an actual simple process to follow right from research to finding markets with desperate buyers https://paydotcom.com/r/6235/utopiabiz/266195/ ... I took a major step forward when I implemented what I have learned in it ...

Now I believe that the key to $uccess and wealth on the internet is research research research … test test test ... I have 3 top tips for members on this ...

if you want to get the best IM marketing education ... join WA (I don't really think anyone needs more than WA and Affilorama and you must already be an affilo member if you are reading this) ... bookmark and read all 1000+ or so posts by Travis (a member) and Carson and Kyle (the founders) in the WA forum ... stars of the forum and really nice blokes to boot … or better compile them into a file ... priceless ...

AND

get stuck in … stick with WA and Affilo as it is way too easy to get info overload and keep chasing the next great thing, that’s how you spend 1000s with little return … once you have found the right mentors and lots of great members to help, just get stuck in, try and soak it all up at first … many get caught in this biz opp trap and never do what is needed … times the enemy but you just need to plan the work and work the plan consistently with whatever time you can make …

AND BUILD OPT-IN LISTS

ITL being the best all in one place reference guide I’ve read (broken link removed)

just my ten pence ... stick with good mentors, get stuck in and don't get side tracked ... mine are Carson and Kyle (WA), Mark (Affilorama), Phil (RenLem) and Travis (WA Member)

boy I am in a rambling mood tonight ... :oops:

Terry :)

PS I agree on lots of the names above ...
Last edited by ampie g on 03 Feb 10 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed