Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Received an Offer to Advertise on my AB Site

klt019
Trust:

Received an Offer to Advertise on my AB Site

Just yesterday somebody has sent me a message via my contact form to advertise on my site. I was just wondering if there are any known scams out there that I do not know about?

The message was professionally written and came from an advertising broker in the skin care niche rather than a vendor. What makes me a little curious is that it's his link at the bottom to his the 'Ad website' is just a one page website which doesn't look all that appealing.

I can see why they may have offered to advertise. My site was originally a full AB site, however slowly it has evolved away from that and over time it has turned into selling physical skin-care products. However traffic is still extremely low.

Any known scams like this lurking around?
jcdean
Trust:
Probably some kinda of scam that is going to ask you for monney or registration fee or some such nonsence.

I would just google the firms name and see what came up.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

klt019
Trust:
Thanks.

I'll e-mail them back anyway just see exactly what they want.
slvrsrfr
Trust:
Couple of things to bear in mind is how much they want to pay you for advertising and what kind of advertising that is.

One thing to be aware of, is that Google frowns on selling text links. If you get found out you could get penalized. Obviously, selling banners and other advertising is cool.

This topic was started on Apr 30, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.