Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

rates for ads on affiliate websites

PremiumMember
mystique_fab
Trust:

rates for ads on affiliate websites

Hi guys,

I just published my first ever affiliate website a month ago. one of the pages of my site now ranks #11 in google australia. then i received an email from someone asking for options and rates for advertisement on that certain page. Any ideas or suggestions on this? I don't know what rates would be reasonable, or what type of advertisement is best so as not to hurt my site.
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
I think it depends on your traffic and your niche.

It's hard to say. Maybe you could approach other similar websites and see what they quote you. Then you'll know what to quote this person that contacted you.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
mystique_fab
Trust:
Thanks for the response cterao.

I don't think i'm getting any traffic yet. My website is new and I don't have any subscribers.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi mystique,
I would start out with $5 per month if you have zero traffic and no subscribers.
Then as your site gains popularity you can re negotiate the price.
Think about that for a moment. If you make $60 for the year..you have a profitable site.
I know it's only $60 but it has to start somewhere..

:)
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

valcine
Trust:
I agree with wollowra. Starting off with a very minimal fee allows people to begin using your site for advertising in a way that is very affordable. As your traffic picks up, even if you keep your prices low, your will have more advertising subscribers.
PremiumMember
mystique_fab
Trust:
thanks for all the response :)

This topic was started on Jun 12, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.