Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Questions for Mark

henri j
Trust:

Questions for Mark

Hey Mark,

I noticed on your Spanish Lessons page you use in your 6-step mini course. You use the name David Bennet and on the Dog Obedience Website you use another name.

Why aren't you using your own names?

Also you say that you update the pages with content and all that but you also said you had over 50 websites/accounts. How do you have time?

Thanks!
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
There are a lot of reasons for changing your name on a website... some are to do with security, protecting your identity, and others are more for marketing purposes.

It probably helps to answer your last question first: I'm in a position to hire staff to keep all my sites up to date. That sort of leads into the name-change thing... what if there's content being added by a number of writers? It's good to have sort of an umbrella identity to keep things cohesive.

Lastly... your name is your brand. It's important to keep your brand cohesive as well. Being seen promoting a huge range of different products and causes that are completely unrelated doesn't really build your "brand".

Mostly, though, it's just to prevent any problems that come from having your name in a very public (and easily found) place.

Hope that answers your question,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

henri j
Trust:
Thanks Mark!

Another Q.. Do you do your webdesign yourself? All of your sites look very nice.. Like your haircut site and dog obedience advice. Very nice and clean!
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Mark pays me $600 an hour to design his sites.

No just kidding... Mark has people work for him.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Henri,

I do indeed have graphic designers and web designers who do all the hard stuff for me. I'll pass the compliment on!

Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

henri j
Trust:
Hey and Thanks Mark for answering my Qs!

I am just watching your How to outsource with eLance videos and was wondering how much you outsource exactly?

It seems like you do the research yourself and optimization and then get webdesigners, article writers, copywriters and even reviewers from elance?
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I rarely use elance now.

I have people in house doing work for me full time.

You'll definately get better quality from hiring full time staff, but to start with elance is a good option as you aren't bound to keep people employed, and you can often get work done for cheap (although be careful as to what quality you accept).

henri j
Trust:
Where do you find experts on a topic? Or get an in-house staff?

I'm thinking of if I want more quality content after the initial eLance encounters :)

Thanks!