Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Question on website hosting

easyrider
Trust:

Question on website hosting

I have bought some new domains and want to start building websites for them. I am thinking of hosting them on my ordinary Hostgator account for now (to save money) and then down the track getting a Resellers' account and transferring them to this. My question is, will Google "remember" that they were together when they are transferred to their new separate hosting?
Greg

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
really, it won't matter that much as far as rankings or anything like that.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

easyrider
Trust:
I was not thinking in terms of rankings. Risk-minimisation is the issue. I have heard about a few people who have had all their sites that were hosted on a shared account de-indexed in one hit. But if there is no connection between them (ie. different IP addresses and no shared Google Analytics account), Google can't punish all your sites if it doesn't like what you're doing on one of them.
Greg

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
REally, I have all my sites on 2 GA accounts, and I haven't seen other sites affected by something on another.

Usually, if a shared hosing account gets slapped all at once, its because google sees some REALLY bad black hat SEO going on from that IP address They wouldn't do it if just one or two sites on that IP address had it going on. But I see people with these shared hosting accounts doing HUNDREDS of sites, and doing all these black hat methods to drive traffic. When Google Sees that, they may blacklist the IP adress.
. if you follow the training Mark lays out, it won't ever be a problem.

Also, some people start crying about sites being deindexed because their rankings dropped off the front page. Rankings dropping and a site being deindexed are two totally different subjects, but some people smash them together, because they dont really track what is actually going on.

One thing to keep in mind with a standard HG resellers account, not every site will be on a separate IP. it is still a shared hosting account. You are assigned 20 IP adresses as a reseller, and your accounts will be divided among these IP addresses, based on the Packages that you set up when you create them.

The main benefit of Resellers account for me is having separate Cpanels. If I am running a script that I need some tech support with, they don't have access to ALL of my sites, but just the one site with the problem.

I also find that having a resellers accouunt speeds up site loading times a little. shared hosting will slow it down some, although I hear they have gotten better about that ( I don't know, been on resellers for almost 2 years now...)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Most resellers accounts are also shared accounts so Google would look at both accounts the same way.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Sep 20, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.