Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Question on - Cpanel showing unique visitors

PremiumMember
tedhayes
Trust:

Question on - Cpanel showing unique visitors

When my cpanel shows "unique visitors" ... does this mean that it isn't counting me? I have been checking my new site several times to make sure everything is working properly. I hope I'm not being counted. Is there any way I can be sure who these "unique" visitors are?

Thanks,
Ted
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Ted,
More info can be found here..
http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/aws ... ssary.html
so, Unique Visitors - This is the total number of visits by any unique IP address. Sometimes this can be misleading because dial up visitors get a brand new IP each time they dial up and connect to the internet, so you can have the same person visit different times and give a unique hit.

Also some people behind a proxy service ( eg: AOL ) can make the information inaccurate.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Troy

P.S On a side note, there are some naughty little site flippers out there inflating there AWSTATS with fake IP hits.
Do your own research on that one.. :)
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
tedhayes
Trust:
Thanks Troy!

Ted

This topic was started on Mar 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.