Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Question for Affilorama Design Team

PremiumMember
simonq
Trust:

Question for Affilorama Design Team

Hi Affiloteam

I was wondering how your site is powered i.e. what its designed using?

I'm looking at building a site similar to affilorama. The way the breadcrumbs work and the progress bars and favourite capabilities are of great interest to me.

I understand you can't give away all your secrets but any information at all would be awesome. I've been designing websites for years and have a very ambitious plan to put together a site like Affilorama but for learning English online. Like a community / lessons site like this one.

Thanks

Simon Quinn
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Simon,

The Affilorama website is built using CakePHP.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
simonq
Trust:
That definitely helps for sure. I've never really heard of CakePHP before. I primarily have experience only in designing HTML websites from scratch using Dreamweaver. More recently I've been primarily soley been using Wordpress and even going as far as making some of my own themes.

Would you say CakePHP is more powerful and better than Wordpress?

I'll go and have a good look into CakePHP now, as I have to say I LOVE the new Affilorama site. I hope other peoples response is as good as mine.

This topic was started on Jul 27, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.