Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Question about putting keywords into articles.

kurt
Trust:

Question about putting keywords into articles.

I am confused. I thought I was suppose to make sure that my articles had my keyword phrase in them at least once for every hundred words. So if my articles are around 500 words, that means I need to put my keyword phrase into my article around five times. I wrote my first three articles this way, but in trying to write my forth article (the review article) it just seems impossible to do with that keyword phrase.

So I looked at Mark Ling's "WowBlackBook" website, to see how he did it. I notice that his article "Ultimate Wow Guide Review" did not have that phrase appearing anywhere in the article, only in the title. That surprised me so I looked at some of the other articles on his site and to my surprise, many of them don't have his keyword phrases a few times in the article. Some of them don't even have his keyword phrase in the article at all, other than the title.

So now I'm confused about how to proceed. I thought you had to have your keyword phrase sprinkled throughout your article a few times to rank for it. How would you rank for it otherwise. The review article is especially difficult to do this way, but it's also a very important one to rank for since it's converts to sells better.

Could use some advice here. Thanks.
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
You don't really need the keyword density. Most of the work in SEO is done by off page factors like the anchor text of the links you are getting.

If you can achieve 1% keyword density, that is great, but don't force it.

Hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

frankvue
Trust:
Check out this vid: http://www.youtube.com/user/IMRelations ... HeJCm3BZmg

it's James talking about keyword density. He's a pretty successful guy around here. And knows what he's talking about.
kurt
Trust:
Okay, I just want to make sure I understand you guys right. If I have an article that I can't seem to work my keyword phrase into I shouldn't even bother because it doesn't really matter much anyway. And instead I should just make sure that any links going to my article from other places have the keyword phrase in the hyper-link. Is this correct?

Also, out of curiosity, does it matter how many of these keyword links I have?
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Hey Kurt,

It's not all that important, but it's something that Mark teaches to begin with. You should include it a few times though at the start and end of articles as I think James mentions in that video (if memory serves me correct).

From what I saw though, it looks like you're having trouble with putting the keywords in for reviews right? They're always the tough ones, and here are some good things you can put into the article at the top, middle and bottom which include the keyword. Don't take them word for word or anything, but use it to generate more ideas for yourself.

START
"I noticed on a few forums the other day that people were looking for a XXX review"
"So I decided to write me own XXX review for you out there looking"
"This is my XXX review"
"Below is a quality XXX review, that covers this... that..."

MIDDLE
"While doing my XXX review, I found that..."
"Before writing my XXX review..."
"While planning how I'd write my XXX review..."

END
"To finish off my XXX review, I'd like to ..."
"That is the end of my XXX review"
"I hope my XXX review was of benefit to you"

You can usually put them in somewhere if you try. Just make it sound natural and don't force it if you can't do it. Having the 1% keyword density definitely won't hurt your rankings or anything like that, so it's not bad. PM me if you need anymore help with the article writing process, once you understand the basic structures, it becomes somewhat easy to keep producing more.
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

andridj
Trust:
I think keyword density doesn't weigh much in SEO these days, as long as you put the keyword on the title tag, H1 tag, and another one or two in the article body (one in the opening paragraph, and another in closing), you'll do fine. You need to focus more of your effort on off-page SEO. Just my 2 cents.

This topic was started on Jul 20, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.