Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Promoting quality products vs. rubbish

shiva-yogi
Trust:

Promoting quality products vs. rubbish

Hey there,

Now I'm new to the game, I have also read through about 15 different IM programs from various self-proffessed gurus and 2/15 of those products were worth promoting. Also when you skim thru the different niches on clickbank, just reading the title and description of the product I stop and think,"who in their right mind will buy this?".

Ok, so the question is, are there any other companies out there like clickbank that promote quality? I know there are places like Cj.com or azoogle, but you need to be up and running just view their titles.

I'm not bitter, I just wanna believe in what I'm selling.

Dan McNally
Last edited by michellerana on 17 Mar 10 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi Dan, welcome to Affilorama
There are some good quality products on Clickbank. However, sometimes they are hard to find. It really depends on your niche.
If you cannot find good products in your niche on clickbank, try amazon. The commissions are lower because they are physical products, but I find that they convert easier because people know who Amazon is. Most people have never heard of Clickbank unless they have bought other info products online before.

You can also find some that run their own affiliate programs without using the networks.
Honestly, as far as affiliate networks, Clickbank is the best one, if you don't already have a proven site. There are others out there, but the products are not as good, and some are downright scams.

I personally recommend Clickbank or Amazon to get started, then branch out from there to other networks.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

shiva-yogi
Trust:
Thanks a ton James!
tangoshoes
Trust:
I would agree with James here. Having bought many clickbank products myself I can honestly say that they are good products. Clickbank reviews all products by had that are submitted to their publishers program. Also the publishers fee cuts back on a lot of the "hit and run" type products.

While I myself purchase everything but groceries on Amazon (I just revived a new tooth brush in the mail today from them lol) I don't promote them only on the basses of the commission is so low that I can make a considerable amount more from Clickbank. If I am converting at 1/100 products on click bank and the commission is $30 it would take me 10 times the visitors to make the same with a product on Amazon at .30 commission.

Good luck to you : )
Amanda
Free AMA alternative:
http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/a.php?p=15706
Outsourcing for $200/mo 40hr/week:
http://store.replacemyself.com/?aid=3884

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
This is true, however, if you go to some of the high end products on Amazon, you can get decent commissions. For example, I just started a cooking site, promoting some different cookware sets. I was told this niche would never convert, and I have proven it wrong.

You can get some decent commissions if you look hard enough.

I also recently had a major eye opener as a shopper myself.
you can find the full story here..
https://www.articleproductions.com/Sell ... _Work-1493

Buying products online will become more and more popular, and NOW is the time to get started... of course if you are here, you have probably figured that out already.

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Pretty much all our products go through Clickbank, and they're not rubbish :)

One thing that might "get" you is the sales strategies for a lot of these products. A lot of them look like infomercials, with the "but wait... there's more!" and yellow highlighter and all that cheap looking stuff.

Doesn't mean the product is rubbish. It means that this is the style of sales page that does well in these niches.

Took me ages to work that one out. When I first starting here I thought all our sales pages and stuff were really backwards and nasty looking because they didn't know how to make them any better. (I studied graphic design so I was pretty snobby about the yellow highlighter in particular!)

But it turns out that's what sells. Who would have thought?
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

shiva-yogi
Trust:
Thanks Aleta, I'm a web designer as well (I think you are too? Coulda sworn it said so in the Affiloblueprint). Anyhow, yes the cheap design strategy of some of the products as well as the marketing sites is a turn off. I guess when you understand good design and asthetics you critique too often :-)

Thanks for the input from everyone. Great community here!

Dan
tangoshoes
Trust:
*James*
I read that article and it made me laugh... I too had the same problem with my laptop cord... In fact my laptop was stolen and lojack found it at some crack heads house who had a fighting pit bull who chewed the cord up. When I got it back it wasn't unusable with a little bit of electrical tape but after a while it just quit on me. I actually did buy the stores universal model of the power cord and then went online (after I had a working computer) and bought the one online then promptly returned the one to the store that I had purchased. HA!

And just a side note about buying things in stores.... check the website first to see what the website price is... I recently had to buy a portable hard drive in an emergency and found one on sale on the best buy website... when I went to the store they wanted $30 for it. I pulled up the site on my Iphone and they gave me the website price!

I'm glad to see that someone else is making money with physical products. It is something I would like to try in the future.

*Aletta*
I think I have mentioned this here a few times but I worked as a in bound sales person for 3 years selling infomercial products. The prices on these products were OUTRAGEOUS! The types of products we sold were the ones that you had to call in for the price.... try it in your home for just $49.95!!! Then you call to find out its 16 payments of $99 after the first month. People would get SO angry but if you could talk them into buying it you then had to give them the additional offers or "upsells". Amazingly people would opt to buy these upsells even after finding out the product was 1000% more money then they thought it would be! It seems weird but these sales techniques do work~!

Amanda
Free AMA alternative:
http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/a.php?p=15706
Outsourcing for $200/mo 40hr/week:
http://store.replacemyself.com/?aid=3884

superaff
Trust:
I agree with the other replies here. Clickbank has some goodies.

Plus you want to be familiar with one affiliate network before you start going after others IMHO.

It will be the same on other networks, plus since they are not digital products, it will be harder to know if the product is good or not.

All the best,
Franck
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Thanks for your comment Amanda, I am glad you got a laugh out of it.

MOre people are figuring this out, and as more people do, online businesses are going to explode. If you can get in and establish yourself as an authority now, you will stand a better chance at surviving the shift going on in the economy

This topic was started on Mar 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.