Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Promoting affiliate links on Affilorama Forum

vqaa
Trust:

Promoting affiliate links on Affilorama Forum

I would like to ask the moderators if this allowable, as it seems to be coming quite common, or has permission been obtained to do so
Of course this does not apply to your signature

If this is open it would end up like the warrior forum
So I could go and prepare a hundred sales pitches for my affiliate programs and post them here

I thought these forums were to help each other
kakaboo
Trust:
hey relax man

most of the people that are posting affiliate links are just people that have 1 or 2 posts... if you notice their posts get removed within 24 hours..basically they are mostly just spammers.. its just that the moderators on the forums are also support staff so they may be busy with other tings

Just use the report button at the bottom right to alert them of any posts you deem unsuitable.. but I'm sure you can still post affiliate links ocassionally provided it is closely related to the topic and you provide good value in your posts...

cheers
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
basically it comes down to how you do it. they are pretty good with allowing it if you contribute to the forum, and dont just start threads to put out your link, but if someone asks a question and you can provide an answer, there is usually not a problem using your link.

For me, I prefer to build a little link juice to my site. rather than just pushing my affiliate link, I would link to a product review on my own site.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

unit
Trust:
It does seem like there has been a lot more spammers on this site the last couple of weeks. I guess their trying to earn some christmas money.
Discover the inside secrets of winning the lottery at www.masterluck.com

faradina
Trust:
It really all depends on the context. If the link on a post or the post that contains the link does not help, regardless of whether it's an affiliate link or not, we either take out the link or take out the whole post.
kragye
Trust:
Hi James

I understand that we are supposed to get link juice from the affiliate link in the signature area of the forum posts. However when I checked using Yahoo, I do not see any of my threads from the forum appearing backlinks in the report. Does the back linking process works the same way with links in the forum and the directories?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I see my links. It does depend on which forums you are posting in. The AJP and Affiloblueprint forums are private, so they wont show up, but the general forum links show up for me.

also, always remember that the search engines wont show all the backlinks they credit you for. besides, for me forum linking is less about seo, and more about driving direct traffic to my sites. I get over 100 visitors/day to my sites in my signature file from affilorama, partly because I spend so much time helping people (which is a small part of why I do it)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

kragye
Trust:
Thanks James. That explains why nothing got reported on the signature in Affilorama forums.
esolutions
Trust:
I have actually found some really good services that I would have not heard of otherwise thanks to others signature links. It's always worth a look to see if they are legit and can help you in some way or another.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

This topic was started on Dec 01, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.