Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Product Selection on my Site

PremiumMember
andrewshaf
Trust:

Product Selection on my Site

Hello,

Looking for some feedback regarding product selection. In the context of: The WOW site we have all been looking at in the training videos seems like it has many different products (essentially one per page- not including the review pages). In the niche that I have chosen to build my first site I have found 6 products. So there is repetition as far as an article linking to a product. I have chosen more often to link to the product with the highest CB gravity. Anyone have any comments or feedback?

Thanks,

Andrew
jasondodd
Trust:
you want to be careful about creating duplicate content so if you only have six products then just stick to the one page one product guideline.

as for product selection, high gravity (anything above 30) is a good start but also look at the payout (less sales with a higher payout can sometimes be more profitable), a good merchant landing page and other related products in the niche you can add to your review page.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

sonitin
Trust:
well there you have it - higher gravity is the figure to look for as an affiliate
Link to product that is more relevant to your article e.g. if your article focuses on getting six packs abs then linking to a six pack product will bring in more sales comparison to a flat belly product.

Also, it is easier to rank for less popular products (lower gravity) and then sell the most popular product (higher gravity) through a comparison review page.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

This topic was started on May 31, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.