Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Problems accessing Affilorama - Others experiencing this?

crowzy
Trust:

Problems accessing Affilorama - Others experiencing this?

Hi everyone,

I wasn't able to access Affilorama for 4 days. Does anyone know what is going on? Was there a problem or something or am I the only one who was experiencing that?

Even now I find opening the treads in this forum very hard.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I haven't noticed anything unusual?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
No problems here....
crowzy
Trust:
That is strange. I am on cable and everything else was working perfectly. Only when trying to open any of the Affilorama pages after 15-20 sec of waiting I was constantly redirected to some DELL's Adsense pages with a message "Affilorama.com could not be found".

BTW Sean, who is your IP? Is it Telstra?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'm with Optus.

You sure you didn't enter some URL similar to affilorama.com?
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
nick
Trust:
Hmmm I have just checked the hamsters and they have been fed.

If you are still having issues if you could send both ping and tracert logs through the contact form at our support page. I will check em out. To do that simply open up your command line (Start -> Run -> type cmd and press OK). Then type
ping affilorama.com and press enter
then type
tracert affilorama.com and press enter.
Once all done right click and click "Select All" then press Enter then paste into an email.

btw - don't some places in oz use IP over Avian Carriers? ;-)
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh, Optus recently started putting their pidgeons on steroids, so speed is no longer a problem :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

crowzy
Trust:
Well, I am in again although yesterday it was the same crap. I was trying to log in directly from my "Roboform" addresses, then from Google's search results and even by typing the address straight into the address bar. I did all of that many times and it was always the same.

This morning, first try and I was in but when I tried to open this tread I was redirected to "Page cannot be find" again. Hit the "back" button and got it. I don't know what is going on but I am online every day 12-15 hours and everything else is working fine.

If it doesn't improve itself I will try your suggestion Nick and send you an e-mail although to be completely honest with you I don't have a clue what you are talking about. LOL... Doesn't matter actually, I can follow the instructions.

Thanks and Cheers.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
crowzy wrote:Well, I am in again although yesterday it was the same crap. I was trying to log in directly from my "Roboform" addresses, then from Google's search results and even by typing the address straight into the address bar. I did all of that many times and it was always the same.

This morning, first try and I was in but when I tried to open this tread I was redirected to "Page cannot be find" again. Hit the "back" button and got it. I don't know what is going on but I am online every day 12-15 hours and everything else is working fine.

If it doesn't improve itself I will try your suggestion Nick and send you an e-mail although to be completely honest with you I don't have a clue what you are talking about. LOL... Doesn't matter actually, I can follow the instructions.

Thanks and Cheers.

I am guessing you are using internet explorer?
crowzy
Trust:
Yes, I am Adrian. But why should that be a problem? I've been using it since I joined last year and everything started just 7-8 days ago.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
crowzy wrote:Yes, I am Adrian. But why should that be a problem? I've been using it since I joined last year and everything started just 7-8 days ago.

Because I hate IE :)

Try firefox and a virus/spyware sweep.
crowzy
Trust:
Hehe. Fair enough. It is not that I "love" IE but I am used to it.
Also I have McAfee installed and I guess my machine is clean.
Anyway today everything is running smoothly. Let's hope it will stay this way.

Cheers
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
I am having a war with Optus here in Melton in Melbourne.

We moved into a new home (as in just built) and I transferred my Optus DSL from Preston to here. After numerous stuff ups we got a DSL Internet connection that was so slow Affilorama, eBay, ABC.com and almost everything else timed out or came back as page not found.

I added a broadband speed guage and found we were slower than dial up!
After a raising a ticket with Optus Helpdesk, I was told to phone their helpline and waited in a queue for an Indian called Saurabh in New Delhi to tell me I wasn't with Optus, then I was but I was in Preston and finally telling me to alter my DNS settings, so I had no internet at all!

After a comment to a Channel 9 investigator, the internet magically speeded up. My neighbour in an equally new home across the road, also with Optus ADSL had similar problems. (Rumour has it that there were some Telstra to Optus line-leasing misunderstandings that ended up with consumers getting substandard speed allocations)
crowzy
Trust:
heheh. That's interesting. I am with Telstra on a 10GB download limit plan (after that they just slow me down) and from this month they increased the limit to 12GB. They also changed the billing date and now when I think back, that could be the reason for my troubles at the beginning of this month.
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
C'mon - Telstra wouldn't do that!
Such an all Aussie paradigm of corporate virtue would never do that!
They'd have someone from one of their regional customer service branches call you up and apologise profusely and try and force you to accept a generous rebate, wouldn't they?

Oh I forgot - they don't have any regional customer service branches any more do they?
And the staff member couldn't phone you up - she's on stress leave and the management are praying she won't take her life :shock:

What a choice - Optus with its 3 day waits in a telephone queue to a helpdesk in New Delhi (who is as helpful as a landmine in a dark room) or Telstra with it's don't give a care about staff or customers . . . hmmm decisions decisions.
crowzy
Trust:
You are absolutely right. They both suck big time but unfortunately there is not a decent alternative for their services so I just keep switching between the two of them.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I've been with optus for a few years now and have never had any troubles. We've got cable here, so we don't have to worry about slow DSL speeds.

I guess that's what you get for living out in the sticks mimenta :P

I actually had a game of golf out your way a couple of weeks ago, the course is still in really good nick. Too bad my game isn't.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
Cool Sean - thought we had had a rabbit plague on the course ... LOL
:D
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hehe, can't remember seeing any rabbits out there.
www.SixDayWeekend.com