Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Problem writing article. How would you handle this?

kurt
Trust:

Problem writing article. How would you handle this?

I'm writing my first article. I decided to start with an article about the author of the product I'm promoting. After all, there's a lot of people searching on his name. But, in writing my article, I find that I'm basically taking information about him from his sales page and trying to reword it somewhat. I reword it where I can, but in some case it kind of hard to do. However, it's still sounds pretty similiar to his sales page. I just wondered how other people handle this problem while writing their articles.
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Google him mate. Read three different biographies or read three different versions of his background. Then open up your word doc and write what you know about him. Don't copy, don't even reword. Just read, understand, take it in, then write.
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

kurt
Trust:
I will give that a try, but to be honest, I don't trust myself to do a good job that way. If I use what I remember about him from biographies to write and article, I don't think it's going to turn out very good. Some people are better writers than others. Some people are really good with words and keeping your interest. I guess, I was hoping I could find an easier way like taking what someone else has already written (something that has been well written), and rewording it. But, unfortunately even with it reworded it sounds to similiar.

If anybody has a different way or method of writting their articles, share it with us. Tell us what works for you.
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Hm usually that's the best way I can do it. Otherwise you could pay someone to write it?
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

jabujohn1
Trust:
I read several sources first, then while reading, I make bullet point notes on the stuff I'm reading about. I limit each point to 3 keywords and try to capture the idea in my bullet point rather than taking the exact words.

Once I have my long bulleted list, I organise the points into sections (which will be my paragraphs).

I always start off by writing an introduction and a conclusion, so that the key points I want to convey are at the back of my mind as I write. I then rewrite each section's bullet points out in my own words. Editing is probably the most crucial part, and if you can get someone else to go over the article for you, that would be even better.

Hope this helps.
PremiumMember
shalisha42
Trust:
Hi Kurt. You have to believe in yourself. Believe in your ability to read and write! It's as if you've been asked to write a book report on a subject - remember those days in school? Sure, there's 100s of other documents and articles out there on the topic. But you can put your own spin on it by giving the facts and your opinion.

If all else fails, get someone to write it for you. I am an article writer, but I'm too busy, so I use textbroker.com.

If you use them, only use level 4 people. It costs more, but the quality content is better. Also, they use copyscape so you don't have to worry about duplicate content. Hope that helps.
Warm Regards,

Shalisha

This topic was started on Jul 07, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.