Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Problem with articles sounding to sellzy.

kurt
Trust:

Problem with articles sounding to sellzy.

For lack of a better word I had to make one up. The word is sellzy and it means to try to sell somone something.

I have a problem. I think that my articles that I was going to summit to directories (not the versions on my website) are too promotional. I honestly don't know how to get around this because I am after all promoting a product. So I write about the product of course which then sounds sellzy. And if you mention the name of the product that sounds even more sellzy. Yet, the name of the product might be my keywords that I'm trying to rank for with that articles so how can I just leave it out. And unfortunately my articles are coming up short as it is. I don't have anything else to add to them. If I take out everything that sounds sellzy I'm not left with much, just a tiny little pitiful article.

Anyone ever have this problem? What you do about this?

By the way, do your articles have to be a certain length before you can summit them to directories?
mack45
Trust:
I think most article sites want at least 350 words but you can just go on the article sites and read the ones they have posted to get ideas.Like this Article writing ideas:
Purple Ferret Sweaters

The Three Main Ingredients Used in the Manufacture of the Purple Ferret Sweaters
Four Reasons People Switch from the Competitor to the Purple Ferret Sweaters.
Why Families Love their Purple Ferret Sweaters.
The Smartest Ways to Use the Purple Ferret Sweaters in Your Home.
How the Purple Ferret Sweaters will Save You Time, Money, and Stress.
Where to Find the Best Deals on the Purple Ferret Sweaters.
The Pros and Cons of Buying the Purple Ferret Sweaters Used.
Knowing When It's Time to Throw Out Your Purple Ferret Sweaters and Get a New One.
Six Little Known Facts About the Purple Ferret Sweaters.
The Top 10 Producers of the Purple Ferret Sweaters
A Purple Ferret Sweaters For Every Season
The 5 Most Popular Purple Ferret Sweaters Brands
A Historical Overview Of Purple Ferret Sweaterss
Purple Ferret Sweaterss - A Mans Perspective
Purple Ferret Sweaterss - A Womans Perspective
How Much You Should Expect To Pay For A Good Purple Ferret Sweaters
Purple Ferret Sweaterss For The Upper Class
Purple Ferret Sweaterss - Environmental Factors
Replacing Your Purple Ferret Sweaters
Donating Purple Ferret Sweaterss
The 5 Best Performing Purple Ferret Sweaterss
Helping Others Realize The Benefits Of Purple Ferret Sweaterss
Why Choose This Particular Type of Purple Ferret Sweaters
Make the Most of Your Purple Ferret Sweaters
Forget Doing This with your Purple Ferret Sweaters, Do This
Problems with Your Purple Ferret Sweaters
Comparison of Available Purple Ferret Sweaterss
How a 'profession' uses Purple Ferret Sweaters
Use Purple Ferret Sweaters like a 'profession'
The Definitive Guide to Purple Ferret Sweaters
Using Purple Ferret Sweaters
Installing Purple Ferret Sweaters
Working with Purple Ferret Sweaters
Safety issues with Purple Ferret Sweaters
Why Purple Ferret Sweaters is better/worse than (alternative)
Why I chose Purple Ferret Sweaters
Why I love/hate Purple Ferret Sweaters
Purple Ferret Sweaters throughout history
Taking my Purple Ferret Sweaters to work
Important things to know about Purple Ferret Sweaters
Purple Ferret Sweaters: What to know before you buy
Purple Ferret Sweaters: Should you rent or own?
Best places to find Purple Ferret Sweaters
Something you should never do with Purple Ferret Sweaters
How to clean the Purple Ferret Sweaters.
How to maintain the Purple Ferret Sweaters.
How to take care of the Purple Ferret Sweaters.
The Purple Ferret Sweaters in other cultures.
How to repair the Purple Ferret Sweaters
5 ways to find Purple Ferret Sweaters
5 ways to buy Purple Ferret Sweaters
5 ways to use Purple Ferret Sweaters
5 ways to shop for Purple Ferret Sweaters
5 ways to learn Purple Ferret Sweaters
5 things you should know about Purple Ferret Sweaters
5 things to do with Purple Ferret Sweaters
5 reasons I hate Purple Ferret Sweaters
5 reasons I love Purple Ferret Sweaters
Purple Ferret Sweaters: in 5 easy steps
Purple Ferret Sweaters: Pros and Cons
Purple Ferret Sweaters: Finding it cheap
Purple Ferret Sweaters: Customer review
Five Reasons Why Purple Ferret Sweaters Gets Bad Reviews
Four Benefits of The Purple Ferret Sweaters
Last edited by mack45 on 26 Aug 11 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to coach.mackaybruce@hotmail.com

jethro.aragon
Trust:
Hi Kurt,

Writing articles is actually a really big challenge for a lot of people. I understand your concern about making your article sounding not too "sellzy". Personally, I don't want to read articles that sounds like those sales people who always calls you on the phone sounding too perky and "sellzy". It's an automatic turn off for me.

If reading your article gives you the chills and makes you want to delete it, then it only means one thing, it's not a good article.

I found some really helpful information on how to write articles. I highly recommend that you check them out.
Here are the links:

Affiliate Marketing Lessons - Writing Product Reviews

Mr. James Pruitt's YO Blog - How To Write Articles Without Wearing Out Your Fingers

Article Writing Tips

I hope this helps.

Cheers!
-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Wow, Mack... Now I want a purple ferret sweater!
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

chris72
Trust:
I turn my review articles into a type of story. That way you can get into the character of the buyer ....

"I remember my first purple ferret sweater, it had a white stripe running down the side of it which the kids thought was really cool.

I was hesitant to by ferret sweater material because I wasn't sure that it would stand up to the rigors of rugby practice but I needn't have worried. It handled every ruck and maul and I felt indestructible! The Mrs even put it through a hot wash and it didn't shrink or fade!"

blah blah blah .......

finishing with "if you want to experience the sheer rugged luxury that is a purple ferret sweater you can get it at the best price here ........"

:o)
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

kurt
Trust:
I was just checking out some articles at ezine articles to see how other people do it. It seems to me that the average line in an article is around 15 words. If you multiply that by 24 (lines) you get 360. So with 24 full lines of text you should meet your 350 word requirement. Maybe throw in an extra line to be sure. So I guess it would be smart to aim for around 25 full lines of text so you don't have to count out each word.

A couple of other things I noticed at ezine articles is that when I search for the name of the product I'm promoting, there are numerous articles written on it already. Several pages worth actually. Looking at some of these articles my first thought was that I can go through and read all of these articles and get ideas from them. You know, copy and paste things I like into wordpad. And then I can throw them in my own articles provided that I reword them.

But, then I started to wonder how anyone would ever make it to my articles when there is already so so many written on that product/topic already. Same with the ones on my website. When I put in the name of the product I'm promoting into google and then add the word review, I notice that there are several pages of results that come up. The reviews go on and on. So how could I ever rank well for something that a massive amount of people are already promoting? Maybe someone can answer that for me.

Oh yeah, what about your keywords. Do you add them into the articles that you're summiting to directories? If your keywords are also the name of the product it's going to sound really sellzy adding them in isn't it?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The biggest mistake is that you are focused on the product, instead of the problem. When you syndicate your content, you want to focus your articles on identifying the problem people have, not the product you are trying to sell.

FInd the problem, answer 3 questions

why is it important to solve this problem, what do you need to do to solve it, and how to solve the problem (this one is answered through the link to your site where they will find a product that offers to solve their problem.)

you will engage more people, and get more sales this way. also, EZA is trying to get rid of promotional articles focused on a specific product. most of those older articles were there before the rules change and haven't been thrown out yet, but I have seen a lot of my older articles removed for being too promotional.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

kurt
Trust:
Thanks for the advice James. That does make sense. I'm glad you pointed that out.
kajm
Trust:
I must of lived my life in a bubble. I had no I idea that purple ferret sweaters were so popular, or that they even existed. I want a rugby one. Where have I been?
kurt
Trust:
James mentioned focusing on the problem that peope have and not the product that your trying to sell. I thought that was a really good idea. But, unfortunately I am finding that to be impossible with my particular product. While I did pick a product that has a descent gravity, it doesn't really solve a problem like some products do.

It seems to me that the kind of people that are going to buy my product are those that have money to spend and are curious. While it could help with a problem or two, I don't see how you could possible write a 350 word article on that. It's just not realistic. I've looked at other people's articles who are promoting the same product and none of them have taking that approach. I think that's because that method is just not going to work for my product, it would be very arduous to say the least.

Latter after I have a copy of the product and I know more about it, I might be able to write and article or two that way, but I can't see that working for the majority of my articles.

Would someone answer this questions for me please:
What about your keywords. Do you add them into the articles that you're summiting to directories? If your keywords are also the name of the product it's going to sound really sellzy adding them in isn't it?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Kurt wrote:What about your keywords. Do you add them into the articles that you're summiting to directories? If your keywords are also the name of the product it's going to sound really sellzy adding them in isn't it?

People searching for product names or author names are much closer to hitting the “buy” button than other people. These keywords are also much lower in competition so product/author names are actually good keywords.

You could share your personal experience with the product so that it will not sound too "sellzy". Tell your readers how you came to know the product and why you like it. ;)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
really, if you have a product that doesn't solve a problem, ytou have a product that wont make many sales. Most people dont' buy products just to own a product. they buy a product to fill a need and solve a problem in some form. perhaps you simply don't know what the problem is that the product solves. Without knowing more (like what you are trying to promote) it is hard to give specific advice that will fit your situation. however, article directories don't like product review type articles and generally don't allow them. The product has to do SOMETHING or else nobody would buy it. Whatever the product does, write about that topic in a general way.

When doing article submissions, I always look for different keywords than what I am targeting on my site.

For example, if I am writing an article on How to boost poor self esteem" for my site, I will submit an article to the directory on "The causes of poor self esteem" Then I would have 2 links in my bio for that article. One going to the page on my site "the causes of poor self esteem" and one going to my product "Self Esteem Super Charger Review" or whatever the name of the product would be .

If you don't want to share your niche or product that you are working on publicly, PM me. I worked as a freelance writer and wrote TONS of articles on topics that I knew nothing about going into it.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

stevencr
Trust:
Writing sales content is not easy work.

You could make it sound pushy, cheap, undersold, everything can go wrong and oft times for the inexperienced it does.

If you don't have the experience to write the article perfectly, then taking on a content writer could work for you. When you have a firm goal in mind your guideline for the writer will direct them to achieve the result you want.
--
bedEXCHANGE.co
W http://bedexchange.co/

This topic was started on Aug 26, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.