Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

PPV Conversion Rates

bartko09
Trust:

PPV Conversion Rates

Hi All!

What's a realistic conversion rate for PPV? I'm advertising a product in a pretty popular niche that doesn't have much competition. I'm using 55 very targeted keywords and I'm paying about .035 cents per view (or hop).

I guess what I'm trying to understand is what should be the hop/sale rate? When doing my research, I factored in a 0.5% conversion rate which meant that I should be closing one sale for every 225 hops, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I just created a second campaign in the same niche, but with a different product while using the same keywords, and I'm going to rotate the two in order to see if there is more interest between the two.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
With PPV the conversion rates can be very very random. Often it is better to bid on urls rather than keywords (ie your ad displays when a user visits a certain url, rather than based on the keywords they type in to the search engines).

I've found more general niches like weight loss, make money, dating/relationships etc to convert better with PPV than more specific ones, but I'm still testing some specific niches to try to get them moving in PPV too as there are floods of traffic available there.

Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
siahsc
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Related to PPV conversion, I would like to get your advice on your recent promotion on the Rapid Income Creator. It is a very easy-to-use product to help create a PPV campaign. It is a great tool! I have spent about $100 on the campaign and was able to hit quite a high traffic of about 300 to 600 these couple of days. I have purchased through your affiliate link from the day you sent out the email. So it is about a week plus. I was also wondering what I need to do ensure I can get even get 1 sale (yes, I haven't even made 1 sale todate). What should I do? Continue monitoring and let the account deplete $20 each day ?
And by the way, I have also put up another campaign on another PPV network. Same, no result yet.

If you have also tried the RIC using their copy and paste campaign, not sure if you mind sharing your result and the bid amount.

I desparately need an advice. Thanks in advance.

Frankie
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Frankie,

I have had good success from what I learnt with RICreator so far, but I did not use their cut-paste campaign. I recorded videos for people who bought through my link that showed what I'm doing. I'm making my own landing pages and doing my own kw research (following the method taught by RICreator) and it is working well. It is particularly working well with weight loss and dating CPA offers, and I will try other niches soon.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
siahsc
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Based on your response, I really began to be doubtful about RIC. They are selling the easy-to-execute and almost instant results just by following 4 steps which I did. And I did that on weight loss and dating niches. I didn't create my own landing pages.... at least not until I have seen results from the RIC's copy-and-paste campaign. Hope you can appreciate that's the reason and purpose of buying RIC. I do not want to give up now but unless it is totally hopeless if I continue the way it is. Frankly, should I stop following John Carter's RIC. To be honest, RIC is really selling the copy-and-paste campaigns and their landing pages. Nothing else! You could have done the same and achieve success even without RIC. Please tell me I am wrong. I need guidance here. It is costing me $30 a day now!

Really appreciate your advice here.
Thanks Mark.

Frankie.
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
Hey All/Frankie,

Now I have not tested this specific product and I don´t know which traffic sources you are using. I have done quite a bit of PPV and I can give you a few pointers.

1. PPV is not a get rich quick scheme with push a button strategy. It requires ALOT of testing you have to rotate alot of offers to find out what is profitable.

Success Rate: Id estimate that 1-2 out of 10 campaigns can be profitable. You don´t know nothing about what you are doing before you have tested at least 20 campaigns.

The quality of traffic sources differ a lot some traffic sources converts a lot better in specific niches. So you have to do your research on which traffic your PPV traffic company is well suited for.

The by far best traffic source is Traffic Vance but you have to deposit 1k$ to get in there.

Creativity: You really need to be creative when you create your campagins. You have to think of the fact that pepole who you send PPV traffic to gets an anoying popup while they are surfing. They don´t want your standard banner they need to be shocked!

Lets say you are Marketing Car Insurance offers, then you could have a picture of two cars that crashed and children are flying out of the windows and ask something like: "this could be your children" Find out the best Insurance Rate here.

Yeah its BOLD but that is what works best with PPV: Shocking pepole with creative stuff.

And about testing.... If a product is giving you 10$ per "sale" the general consensus is to test for 2.5-3 times the payout if you cant get it profitable by then. Just move on to next offer.

The idea of ppv is to trow up as many campagins as quickly as humanly possible and weed out those who is not converting.

That's why its not that easy to build a business with ppv its more like building yourself a work. What you can do is grabbing email addresses with pre pop email submits on free offers. they don't pay much 1.5$ or so but you get to collect email addresses. That said PPV can be insane profitable but it requires a lot of work and its not that easy to outsource.

And both with urls and pages you have to think out of the box with creativity in your mind. And about targeting sites, the most common mistake people are doing with lets say auto insurance. They use the big auto insurance sites for their traffic source... But that's wrong it might be much better to target a car selling company for instance because they need insurance upon buy....

You have to think one step further.....

Hope this helps
Matts
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

PremiumMember
siahsc
Trust:
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate that.
Not sure if you have purchased this product called Rapid Income Creator?
It costed only $49. Cheap and a great product. It is an online tool which you need to sign in to do a 2-step to get to the list of keywords and URLs. Very simple. And it says that these have been tested before. They even provide you with landing pages and generate the clickbank link. What more do we expect. Sign up and try. That's what I did through Affilorama's affiliate link.

By the way, I tried with LeadImpact and DirectCPV. And getting no sales the last 1 week. I can keep waiting for the sales to happen but I choose to seek help, advice and guidance.

Frankly, based on what Mark and youself have commented. I am getting quite disappointed with the product. I really hope that I am wrong (about the product) and may give myself a couple more days. The reality could be everyone is using RIC to put up campaigns for the same niches and so it is no longer possible generate sale just following what RIC set out in the first place.

To all those have tried the product, appreciate your comments too.

Thanks again Mark and Matt.
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
By the way, I tried with LeadImpact and DirectCPV. And getting no sales the last 1 week. I can keep waiting for the sales to happen but I choose to seek help, advice and guidance.

Hello Siahsc,

While I have not tested this product, PPV is pretty much the same when it comes to generate income.

But based on your post I am not sure if you have understood the game of PPV traffic,

1. You can´t sit and wait one week for the magic money generating traffic to appear with same urls that has not converted to money earlier.

2. You need to do tracking, Prosper202 is the tools everyone use more less its free.

3. lets say your Clickbank product pays 15$ if you spend 45$ on your traffic and get no conversions you wont get any after spending 10000$ either. Its just to forget that niche/offer and get on to next one .

That is why you need to build your own landing pages, You can copy the ideas from the creator and put your own touch on it. IF you change the color from yellow to green on the header it can have a 50% inpact on your conversions.

You have to test test test test. And test every single imaginable aspect from urls to colors to pictures to landingpages.

Its a testing and tracking game!!!. Its very different from building a Affilorama base website to promote clickbank.

waiting one week is way too long. If you want to get profitable soon you need to test 1 campaign a day
day 1 weightloss day 2 dog training and so on.

You need to rotate landing pages. People that might see your banner from their installed adware get tired after a while of seeing your same landing page.

Id recommend that you create 3-5 variations of your landing pages and use prosper202 for tracking.

The reality could be everyone is using RIC to put up campaigns for the same niches and so it is no longer possible generate sale just following what RIC set out in the first place.

This could very well be the case, It´s probably still possible to generate income but you need to think different than others with a creative landingpage not copy paste landingpages. and as i said one landingpage is not enough rotate first with 3-5 landingpages for same offer. But if the creator is still running those campaigns you can bet that he knows what the best converting urls are so the price is probably going to be quite high for those which will lower the ROI.

What you should do is copy the idea and apply it on something different with your own landingpage rotate many landingpages for same offer. The more ugly your landingpage looks the better it in general converts. strangely enough just like Mark says in affiloblueprint don´t distract visitors with too much stuff :)
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

bartko09
Trust:
SirMatts wrote:[
That is why you need to build your own landing pages, You can copy the ideas from the creator and put your own touch on it. IF you change the color from yellow to green on the header it can have a 50% inpact on your conversions.

You have to test test test test. And test every single imaginable aspect from urls to colors to pictures to landingpages.

Hi Matts!

Thanks for the valuable advice! Rookie Question; so I understand how to create a landing page but how do I make the "Get Started" icon active? Is there code that I would use in the HTML? Also, would I create a domain and host the landing page from that domain? IE www.whatever.com/dogtraining? Than the 'Get Started' icon would take the person to the affiliate link of the product that I'm promoting?

Thanks again!
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
Hello Bartko,

I am not sure what you are talking about or asking about? I don´t own the specific product Rapid Income Creator.

I just talk from my experience using PPV traffic to promote CPA offers. To me your question seems like it´s something specific to Rapid Income creator and that I cant answer.

PremiumMember
siahsc
Trust:
Hi Matts,

Thanks for taking time to share your experience.
Appreciate very much.

Frankie
bartko09
Trust:
SirMatts wrote:Hello Bartko,

I am not sure what you are talking about or asking about? I don´t own the specific product Rapid Income Creator.

I just talk from my experience using PPV traffic to promote CPA offers. To me your question seems like it´s something specific to Rapid Income creator and that I cant answer.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't talking about RIC. What I was wondering was how do you host the landing pages that you create? Are you throwing them up on a domain like any other affiliate site? Also, how do you make the "Get Started" or "Click Here" icon on the landing pages actively point to sales page? Thanks again!
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
Hello sorry I have not had time to respond too busy.

Well Now I am just talking about this from my experience of promoting CPA offers with PPV. I cant talk say for your specific product RIC.

You can use a generic site like superturbooffers.info. The visitors wont see your address name in the PPV popup.

I use a generic address for my offers that works just fine.

Here is a site that has some really good rotation script. But this is geared towards CPA promotion with PPV. I am not sure how you would use Subids with clickbank to get urls tracked into Prosper for instance, that would need some investigating.

But it will give you some ideas.

http://ctrtard.com/affiliate-marketing/split-testing-and-rotating-offers-in-tracking202/

http://ctrtard.com/affiliate-marketing/split-testing-and-landing-page-rotation-script-for-ppv/

hayleyboud
Trust:
Hi from Hamilton, NZ. Funny to hear your kiwi accent...that doesn't happen very often on the internet. How can someone track their keywords on leadimpact.com? They say, "By placing the Conversion Tracking script tag on all your conversion pages you will be able to see exactly what keywords are converting within your campaigns and landing pages and the cost per conversion for each." But how to do that? I have taken an offer from EWANetwork.com and used that as the landing page so how do I add the script to the html? Please help!

This topic was started on May 24, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.