Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Plugin Advice

skywalker
Trust:

Plugin Advice

I am looking for a second opinion on what SEO plugin is the recommended plugin to use with affilotheme, Affiloblueprint & Jetpack. The videos and theme recommend using SEO by Yoast but there are also parts that recommend ALL IN ONE SEO. Which one should I use as it is also recommended to only use one SEO plugin?

Is the GOOGLE SITEMAP plugin what I should be using for my sitemaps as I can not seem to find these instructions in the blueprint program?

Thanks

Scott
sunil
Trust:
You can install the Yoast SEO plugin. It does a lot of SEO things for you. There is also a sitemap integration within this plugin. But if you install a separate plugin for this, you don't have to touch the sitemap option in Yoast.

But you can actually install sitemap plugin on its own instead. Here is a forum post link on this.

Hope this helps my friend! :)
skywalker
Trust:
Hello Sunil,

Thank you for the feedback! I am still confused as the affilorama staff have told me to just use ALL IN ONE SEO and not the SEO by Yoast. The contradicting info in the afilloblueprint videos is really frustrating.

Scott
sunil
Trust:
Skywalker, no worries. Don't get confused. I used to had the ALL IN ONE SEO before on my other affiliate site. Then I was advised to replace it with YOAST by one of the most successful SEO marketer and a friend of Mark Ling, Andrew Hansen.

So, just go ahead and install the YOAST SEO plugin. When you buy the affilojetpack program, this plugin is already preinstalled in wordpress. You just need to activate it and follow the instructions of setting it up. That's all. :)
sunil
Trust:
Besides, there might be some videos that could be outdated. So far, in the affiloblueprint I did not see any video on ALL IN ONE SEO plugin. Its the SEO by Yoast. You can find this video in Step 5.
skywalker
Trust:
Thanks Sunil!

I think I'll go with your advice. You are right as the videos do show SEO yoast but somewhere there are recommendations for the all in one Plugin. Thanks again!!!
sunil
Trust:
You're welcome friend! Anytime! Its always a great feeling when what you can suggest can actually solve others' problems!
keith james
Trust:
Hi Skywalker,

I would also make sure that you sign up for Google Webmaster Tools and submit your sitemap there.

Give Webmaster Tools some time to crawl your site and check back to make sure there were no errors found.
skywalker
Trust:
Hello Keith,

Thanks for the tip! If Yoast SEO has a section for setting up "sitemaps" should I avoid installing the google sitemaps plugin to avoid unnecessary plugins which could slow down my page load speed?

Thanks

Scott
sunil
Trust:
Skywalker, I would not touch the sitemap settings within the Yoast SEO plugin. Just leave it as it is. Don't activate it. I would install the google sitemap plugins and configure it.

Before that you need to add sitemap in your WMT and just as Keith mentioned, give it some time to crawl your site.

Maybe perhaps for a week. Then you can add your sitemap.xml link to the sitemap plugin. You will get a link from WMT for your sitemap link. It will generally look something like this. http://www.yoursite/sitemap.xml.
skywalker
Trust:
Hey Sunil,

Thanks for the feedback. How do I find out if I should add my site to wembasters with the www. or without?

Scott
skywalker
Trust:
How can I verify the site when I am using the free affilorama hosting. Webmasters wants me to upload a file?
keith james
Trust:
Just go to your website and look at the URL bar at the top of your browser. IF you don't see the www than don't use it.

I'm not familiar with the hosting set up for Affilorama's free hosting. Does it give you access to a standard cPanel?
skywalker
Trust:
Hello Keith,

No, there is no c-panel that I am aware of. I searched webmaster in Affilorama and these are the instructions that have come up. http://www.affilorama.com/support/our-p ... ster-tools
sunil
Trust:
Yes. There is no cpanel in affilorama hosting. According to some experts on SEO, they claim Google gives higher importance to http://yoursite.com than www.yoursite.com.

I'm not sure why is this so. But I think its best that you ask the affilorama support team about adding free hosting domains.

Anyway, here is a short article by Google about adding sites to WMT.
https://support.google.com/webmasters/a ... 4592?hl=en
skywalker
Trust:
I've been verified with webmasters now using the www. version of my domain. I still don't quite understand the difference between using the non-www. What do you guys take away from this article? https://support.google.com/webmasters/a ... amma&hl=en

Scott
keith james
Trust:
I don't think it makes any difference. You just need to use one and stick with it. I use www on my sites so that I can use CloudFlare as a CDN (content delivery network). I believe it is necessary for CloudFlare to supply your cached content.

I recently moved servers and dropped the www for a couple of days. I went from 15,000 monthly page views down to 6000. I probably could have stuck it out and let the traffic catch up but it wasn't worth it.

This topic was started on Oct 17, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.