Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

PLEASE review my first affiliate site!!

fenway2k
Trust:

PLEASE review my first affiliate site!!

OK guys, I wrote this morning and told you I was going to take ACTION to make this work for me.

I took this morning off and I worked nonstop and I just finished my very first affiliate site in the weight loss niche.

YEAH...WHOOPEE!!!

I know this niche is competitive, but it is also very lucrative.

So I am counting on you guys to review my site and help me with any comments, or suggestions you may have.

Now I am off to watch and implement the SEO portion of this.

http://www.yourweightlosstoday.com
whatevv
Trust:
I love how you've integrated your affiliate banners and the addition of the Amazon widget at the bottom. The animated "featured articles" graphic up top looks nice too.

One thing I recommend changing - your header. It looks awful in both Chrome & Firefox. The image you selected isn't all that impressive and the text "Managing tomorrow's weight loss today" is repeated over the top of your header. I'd reduce the empty space between your header & menu bar too.

I'd maybe add a brief intro sentence or two on the home page before diving into the list of articles - let your visitors know what to expect from your site.

Also, where is your opt-in? Start collecting those emails and getting an autoresponder series set up from the beginning! It gives you so many more opportunities to connect with your targeted audience & gain their trust.
fenway2k
Trust:
Thank you for your sound advice. Working on making these changes right now.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Congratulations on your first site, Fenway2k! It looks great! :)

To monetize your site, I suggest that you place your affiliate links above the first fold and make them big and bold. Using stronger call to action will also drive sales.

Star ratings are also helpful for your visitors since it will give them a graphical representation of how good the products are. Have an 'Overall Best Product" which is rated with 5 stars and best product for different categories, ie 'Fastest Weight Loss Product', 'Best Fat Burning Product', 'Best Weight Training Program', “Best Healthy Weight Loss Product'.

Hope that helps. All the best!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Great site fenway2k! :)
I like your site's layout and how everything is "boxed" or compartmentalized. I see you've made changes on the header as was suggested but I am still not too excited about it. Something about the image not matching with the color. But anyway, I like your tagline "Managing tomorrow's weightloss today". Your opt-in lightbox is also attention-grabbing, which is very nice. It made me want to sign right up. I hope you start putting call to action links on your articles. You can insert call to action links in between 1-2 paragraphs and make them creative like the one you have in your lightbox. You might also want to make the fonts in the articles bigger. I don't know if it's just my system but they appear too small and not at all conducive to reading.

Hope that helps. All the best to you and your site!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

oliviabest
Trust:
Overall it's nice, there are some items you have to drive away at though...

1. Try to make some other, more appealing header. As for me it should look like "wow". Header image of better quality, as well as its other position would do no harm.
2. Will suggest to categorize your articles in other manner, as current presentation appears not so proper. I haven't noticed them at first.
3. Menu buttons color will recommend to make darker.

Anyway your website makes quite good impression and provides pretty interesting info to stay and read.

This topic was started on Oct 19, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.