Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Please Help, missing nav menu.

nates450r
Trust:

Please Help, missing nav menu.

i made some changes to my website and uploaded it

now on any other page except the home page my nav menu goes away
i cant figure this out.

i use xsitepro please help with any ideas.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
You list 2 websites Nathan - which has this problem please?

[later]
OK, I see that it's "Abdominal Success".

Sorry, tried to discover the problem by comparing your page source code on home page to a broken page source view, but couldn't see the problem. It's a very complex page, due to all the JavaScript code.

Viewing page source code is all I can do from here.

You might be ble to figure it out by printing out the home page HTML view Vs a broken page and comparing the code line by line - but you'd have to have some understanding of HTML, so you could tell which parts are different because of the problem and which because they are different pages .

Sorry I can't be more helpful. It may need someone with your same web editor (and your login credentials) to download your site and look at it.

Didn't you keep any backup copies? Doesn't your web hosting service have a backup they could restore if you asked them to?
nates450r
Trust:
i didn't modify the the nav menus at all i only modified the on page content
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
The nav menu items are in an (invisible) table at the top of the same area where the content is, although the Javascript libraries to actually run the menu are in the head section above the "body" (content) section.

But that table looks the same (or very nearly so) on the broken page I looked at as on the home page.

I still think restoring a backup copy is the easiest and quickest fix. Your web hosting service could probably do that quickly. Most make nightly backups and have 24/7 phone support.
nates450r
Trust:
i contacted xsitepro and maybe they can figure it out, as i have not done a website back up for quite some time (i know i know) im in the process of updating then i was going to do a back up.

i have a (log me in) account so im sure they will be able to fix it (i hope)

i did delete a script out the head section (globle scripts) but that was in relation to a google script
nates450r
Trust:
UPDATE---
just found out that if you click one of the (read review) on the top 3 rated programs in the right panal the nav menu stays on the info bar and (everything is normal)
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi nates450r,

I think I've come in a little late... Were you able to get this sorted with XSitePro support? I don't see your site URLs anywhere on your post so I can't visit your site and see.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

nates450r
Trust:
Cecille L wrote:Hi nates450r,

I think I've come in a little late... Were you able to get this sorted with XSitePro support? I don't see your site URLs anywhere on your post so I can't visit your site and see.

Hope to hear from you soon.

www.abdominalsuccess.com
nates450r
Trust:
fixed it i guess some script in the (before everything else in tht file) section needed to be moved to the head section.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Ah that's good to hear.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi nates450r,

Thanks for posting a link of your URL. I visited your site and the issue has been resolved. I checked your pages and your nav bar was present on all pages. :)

Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on May 03, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.