Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Plans for Next Site

heavysm
Trust:

Plans for Next Site

I just finished my first site and am in the process of ranking for my 30 keywords/articles that I have. My question now is the initial size of my next site(s). From experience do you feel starting with maybe 10 keywords/articles then building up as you start ranking for your initial keywords is better than 30 from the start? 30 really felt like it took forever to pull together and fully dress up, so Im thinking about 10 keywords the next time around then adding as I start ranking. What do you guys think?
mamtrader
Trust:
Congratulations completing your first site.

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you. Just completed my first site www.tattooissues.com

To write 30 articles is one DAM HARD SLOG! So the thought of having to write that again puts me in a cold sweat. If you can afford it there's always outsourcing, but much depends on your situation.

I've started my next site and completed 6 articles, I'm gonna leave it at that for now and start trying to rank for the keywords. I'll keep adding articles over the coming months and see how that goes.

I'm also working on a single one-page review site. It looks like it should be fairly easy to get it on the first page of Google and takes a lot less work!

I've had no sales as yet from my first site so I'm spending most of my time backlinking, I know if you've got a good site this is what you should be concentrating on.

I don't feel it hurts trying a couple of different avenues, you never know when you'll hit the right formula.

Have you put your site up for review? It's good to get other opinions. Any sales?

Cheers

Mike
www.tattooissues.com
PremiumMember
captain
Trust:
Remember folks, Google is not looking for one page websites, those days are gone, if you do get a top ranking for a one page website, your days are numbered...they are looking for content sites with quality content, and the more quality pages you have the better.

I would say you want to build a site with a minimum of 10 pages of articles to start with and then what ever other pages you need to include ie: contact us, review pages etc, and then keep adding a new page every two weeks.

And also bar in mind, now that you create a site that has 30 pages, dont think its set and forget, you have to keep adding new content, 1 new page every two weeks would be sufficient, Google wants to see sites active and growing at all times.

Seems like a lot of work? sure, but rember the only place where "success" comes before "work".... is in the dictionary

Good luck to you guys with your new sites : -)
mamtrader
Trust:
Hey Captain,

I love the part....remember the only place where "success" comes before "work".... is in the dictionary. We'll you made me smile, and that's always good :-)

I hear what you're saying and it's true in so many ways, but for most newbies the thought of churning out 10 to 30 article websites one after another is a pretty daunting task.

Now, I'm not suggesting anyone should follow me ( I'm quite mad you know,) but sometimes a change can be good, it refreshes the soul!

If you read the forums you'll see a lot of newbie comments discussing 'work overload'. This is something that worries a lot of people but you've still gotta have a bit of fun in the process, so If it aint fun it aint gonna be long term!!

Keep smiling :-)

Mike
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
I remember when I finished my first site. I though, "OMG! That was so much work! I'm never going to be able to find the willpower to do that again!"

Somehow I did though, and it gets easier the more you make. Keep going!
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

heavysm
Trust:
It actually wasnt creating the articles that I felt was so hard. Making them look nice and aesthetically pleasing was the greatest chore. At times I would flip back and forth between Mark's sites to see how it compared.

Heres the site:
sonic-producer.us

Bear in mind I am doing an update in xsite and have to re upload a lot of what was changed. Im still having problems with it recognizing small changes. But anyway, there it is. Any thoughts?

*No Sales or SEO work for that matter done yet. It took me three months to get this up while juggling full time school and other personal matters.
wazza
Trust:
I have big plans for my next site and it's in a very heavy market Forex..
My first site www.fat-burning-facts.com is only 2 weeks old I have 20 articles so far but as soon as I get the 30 Im gonna start link building.

I figured I can start my next site at the same time I start link building I think this will take my mind off the waiting period thats ahead for the SEO to kick in.

The way im looking at it is it's prob better to get something up sooner than later, if you can of course.

I got a kickass domain name for the forex site so im pretty keen to get it going.
The affiliate marketing ninja!

mamtrader
Trust:
Hi Warren,

In a recent post from Fara (staff) she recommends link building to your site asap, so why wait? I notice on your site, Fat Burning Facts, that your Diet Solution banner ad is still showing your clickbank link, best to get it cloaked.

It's great to see your motivation for your next site, hopefully you'll do really well in that niche.

All the best

Mike
www.tattooissues.com
mamtrader
Trust:
Hey Donald,

Looks like I'm the opposite to you....I found making my site look nice and aesthetically pleasing was the easiest part, researching and writing the dam articles was horrendously tedious and time consuming. I've discovered that it is easier to choose a niche that you're actually interested in!!

On your Sonic-Producer site I thought you could have added more images as the site looks a little text heavy (remember I'm still a novice, so don't take my comments too seriously) apart from that it looks pretty good.

Keep smiling :-)

Mike
http://www.tattooissues.com
faradina
Trust:
mamtrader wrote:In a recent post from Fara (staff) she recommends link building to your site asap

That's right.

What I do myself is ping, bookmark and submit spins on AMA and directories as soon as I have put up each article on my site. And then I go back to writing again. The cycle I follow is:

1. research the niche and come up with a set of at least 30 keywords

2. work on writing one article for one of the keywords

3. When I finish writing the article, I rewrite it 2-3 times

4. put the original up on my site, and ping and bookmark

5. spin the rewrites for AMA and directories (with backlinks inserted, of course)

6. review the remaining keywords to make sure that they are still the best to use

7. repeat from number 2 above

When I encounter writer's block, I go on forums and blogs to post comments.
wazza
Trust:
Thanks for pointing that out Mike :)
Im actually about to go through the whole site and add some fresh new images and make sure all links are cloaked.

I'm still planning my fx site because I want to do that one the right way from the get go..

I have lots of other sites which I update each week. But my main focus now is the affiliorama site.

thanks Fara for the guide :)
The affiliate marketing ninja!

This topic was started on Sep 01, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.