Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Picking a Niche is Hard

nivram21
Trust:

Picking a Niche is Hard

When Picking a Niche a hear people say
"pick something You love..." or "do something you have interest in..."

Problem:
I have a lot of interest and I love to do them all eventhough I do not have the time. Can you Identify?

Question:
There are an endless supply of things to promote on the networks...
How did you all decided on the niche and products you started with?
What is the path to follow here?

Please help.
Thanks
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
The best scenario is to pick a niche that you have passion for and is profitable. But what if your passion is not profitable?

In my case, I have to find a balance between the niche being profitable and that I'd at least have some interest in the topic. Having an interest in the topic really helps if you are writing your own content (especially if it's a blog that you have to regularly update).
nivram21
Trust:
Hi Ample
You make a great point. I am sure your answer comes from experience. I really appreicate it. I will be doing some research this weekend.
Thanks
michael025
Trust:
I agree with Ampie, but I would suggest you put profitability first. Do some research on which niches are profitable, and from the results, choose the one you are most interested in.
nivram21
Trust:
Thanks Michael
I agree with you as well.
I think the propose of Affiliate Marketing (To make Money)
should not be left out of this process.
Thnaks
alexiswilke
Trust:
Hi Nivram,

I've got the same problem. Being first a programmer, I can write about software: how to write it, how to debug it, algorithms, etc. Truth is, all of that is available 100% free all over the Internet. Selling it is just really hard. 8-)

So now, I worked out something I like to do: programming, with something that will soon be very profitable, which is Snap! a new website system where people can come on-board and get their website (at first for free, no banners, unlimited pages, and then upgrade to have more powerful SEO features.)

It took me years to get there... 8-}

Thank you.
Alexis
nivram21
Trust:
I looked up your site. Do you have any video tutorials. you should look in to that.

This topic was started on Oct 07, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.