Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

PC HDD crashed - Can I restore my XsitePro site?

nates450r
Trust:

PC HDD crashed - Can I restore my XsitePro site?

ok i never planned on this happening so i dont know what to do

i do a complete pc back up monthly on a (external Hardrive)
long story short my internal pc hard drive crashed

but i do have all my website files on my external one so i reinstalled xsitepro no problems and i restored my xsitepro2 files back on pc

but i cant figure out how to get the files to open with xsitepro2 like they used to
is there any hope?
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi, did you use the xsitepro backup option to copy the files to your external hard drive? If so, click on tools > backup/ restore > settings > choose location of your backup files > restore.
Hope that helps.
nates450r
Trust:
i did backups every 14 days for xsitepro using xsitepro but i believe they were on my internal hardrive : (

i have all the xsitepro files on my external hardrive i just dont know how to get the files to open when i start xsitepro from the desktop
nates450r
Trust:
i'm really really stressed out now.

can somone explain if the website files (FTP server details) that are listed in my hosting account can help me or not?

i upgraded from V1 when i bought V2 so even xsitepro (the program) is not working correctly

i contacted xsitepro with my unlock license number so maybe they will let me download the complete V2 again (as if i were buying it & not upgrading)

it seems to me that the program only downloaded a few of the program files because there are no templets listed
Last edited by michellerana on 13 Nov 09 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

wollowra
Trust:
Xsitepro support should be able to just give you the unlock code as long as you give them the receipt from your purchase etc...

If you backed up your xsitepro files correctly on an external drive then you should be able to just import them back into xsitepro using the import function.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

nates450r
Trust:
ya i have tried that but because i have never done this before its a challenge xsitepro support suggested that they remotely access my pc files so thy can take care of it

so thats what im going to do
wollowra
Trust:
Oh good to hear ...

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

oneheadsup
Trust:
I'm sure youo know about your XSitePro2 Data folder which is in your "My Document" folder. It's got all your work in it. Just a thought. Sometimes simple things elude us.
Bruce Fields & Trisha Crespo
http://oneheadsup.org

nates450r
Trust:
ya i know about that file- im just not a real big pc tech and i dont understand all the files and things but any way the xsitepro staff has been great

they have been remotely accessing my pc and trying to get it worked out
Last edited by michellerana on 21 Sep 09 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling errors

This topic was started on Sep 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.